Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    Kraver

I have to ask a question. With the portfolio on the front page, there is no text. I tried adding text on the page and it did not show up when I saved it. I figured it would show up above the portfolio. I am just wondering, doesn’t a front page of a website need some text so that it can be searchable? How does this work? Thanks.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

All the pages of the website by default will be crawled by the search engines, if the homepage is only a Portfolio gallery will not be so indexed in the search engines like other pages with text and other content will be searchable.

The difference is that the search engine will display other pages(rather than the homepage) from your site in the search results, but what matters most is bringing then to the site not specifically to the homepage.

Hope it helps my explanation.
    -Rui

Kraver

I’m sorry. I really do not understand. Is there a language barrier? I do not understand what you are telling me.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t believe that there is a language barrier, some words are more technical and that could be the problem if you don’t have that knowledge.

Just saying that if your homepage doesn’t have any text but you have other pages in the site with text then it will be searchable.

-Rui

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register