New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Search/Archive Pages Not WooCommerce compliant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
    oytamuah

When a user searches for a product using the search function or goes to a specific product attribute page the theme stops behaving like a WooCommerce theme and there are no prices, or any buttons to buy the products. This is a major flaw and really takes away from the UX. Is there some quick fix to have these pages behave like normal product category pages while this is sorted?

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

You mean, search pages like this, don’t have a layout similar to shop page? http://neighborhood.swiftideas.net/?s=hi

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Can you explain what you mean, or provide an example of the product attribute page not displaying as expected?

We’ll look improving the global search results in a future update.

– Ed

oytamuah

Hi,

The search results page and the other archive pages need to have a ‘add to cart’ button and prices like any other page on a eCommerce site. Check this theme for example: http://demo.yithemes.com/sistina/?s=jeans&post_type=product

If this is not provided, then a user searching for a product or looking at some product archives will be confused why all of a sudden the prices/add to cart/wishlist etc were replaced with something you would see in a normal blog.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

It’s possible to do the same, see here for example: http://neighborhood.swiftideas.net/?s=case&post_type=product

Which search are you using? Maybe we can add an option for it to be a product search instead of a full site search.

– Ed

oytamuah

Hi Ed,

Yes that’s the type of search results style I want to show up (and also same for product attributes and other archive pages). How do I achieve this?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

It depends what asset you’re using for the search, all you need to do is add this within the form code:

<input type="hidden" name="post_type" value="product" />

– Ed

westcoastsurf

Where is this form code so we can add the line of code?

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi @oytamuah and @westcoastsurf,

Did you guys use this widget “WooCommerce Product Search” instead of the default WordPress search widget? That widget will search product only.

Thanks,
    laranz.

oytamuah

Im talking about the general search that’s in the header. How do I get searches from that to display results in a product centric way ?

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Try this: Open up wp-content\themes\neighborhood\includes\swift-framework\sf-content-display\sf-header.php line #488 is like this

$menu_full_output .= '<li><form method="get" class="search-form" action="'.home_url().'/"><input type="text" placeholder="'.__("Search", "swiftframework").'" name="s" /></form></li>'. "\n";

change that to this.

$menu_full_output .= '<li><form method="get" class="search-form" action="'.home_url().'/"><input type="text" placeholder="'.__("Search", "swiftframework").'" name="s" /><input type="hidden" value="product" name="post_type"></form></li>'. "\n";

Thanks,
    laranz.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks Laranz, that should do it!

– Ed

oytamuah

Yea that solves it – thanks alot. Im guessing there’s no such easy fix for archive pages or product attribute pages?

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Can you explain what you mean, or provide an example of the product attribute page / attribute not displaying as expected?

Thanks,
    laranz.

oytamuah

This is an example of an attribute page:

http://neighborhood.swiftideas.net/size/medium/

As you can see this doesn’t have add to cart button or price etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register