New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Search Results Page Layout & Search by Tag

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I have one more and last suggestion to use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-everything/. Hope that work to you.

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

rsae

You recommended this in April and a few of already reported it didn’t work with the Neighborhood — it doesn’t search product tags. Did something change and now it works properly?

We use 2 other themes for our other storefronts and don’t have this problem. Would appreciate if more attention could be given to product tag search — such an important thing for us shop owners.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please try this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/relevanssi/ ? It offers some options which allow you to query custom categories, tags, etc.

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

rsae

Thanks, we already use that one. Again, the problem is with the Neighborhood theme. While Relevanssi can search by product tag, it doesn’t integrate with the predictive search built into Neighborhood. Therefore, when a user types in text, it claims “no matches found” and they have to hit return to actually see results. This is a flawed UI and most people will think there are no matches for their search. How do we either integrate Relevanssi with the predictive search built into Neighborhood or turn it off?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You can turn off predictive search turn off by inserting some javascript code at Admin -> Theme Options -> Custom JS-:

<script>
    jQuery( document ).ready(function() {
    jQuery('.ajax-search-form input[name=s]').on('keyup', function(e) {
    return false;
    });
    });
    </script>

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

rsae

Thanks for the reply. Under Theme Options, I only see a Custom CSS area (under “General Options”). Where can I find the “Custom JS” area?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    There is box inside of custom js at Custom CSS area (under “General Options”).
    Thanks

rsae

Hi, That sentence didn’t make sense and I don’t see how there would be a box within a box. Can you please attach a screenshot of what you’re seeing that I’m not. Thank you.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You can try to insert at google analytics text box.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

jonorenton

Jumping onto an old post here. Looking to remove the predictive search as requested above. I’ve pasted the script into the Google Analytics section on General Options but it doesn’t work. Any other suggestions on this topic?

I’ve installed the ‘Search By Product tag’ plugin which works fine ONLY when you hit enter after doing a search, otherwise it says ‘No Results Found’

Thank you 🙂

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Will forward this topic to my colleague Mohammad.
    Let’s wait for the reply.

-Rui

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,

@jonorenton
    – Please provide me website url to check.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

jonorenton
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please check search on top. I have disabled the ajax loading of search.
    Thanks
    Mohamamd

jonorenton

Mohammad,

Thanks for trying, but all you did was add the same script that I had already tried, and you didn’t close the <script> so the js just appeared at the bottom of my site. i’ve since removed it. Any other ideas to stop the ajax auto search?

Thanks,

Jono.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register