New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Search Results Page Layout & Search by Tag

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
    rsae

After many frustrations with support in the past, we’d appreciate if you could please direct this question to Ed:

1. Search Results Page: The search results page uses the blog archive template, which is an awkward layout with limited space. For consistency and better usability, it would be nice to have the search results page look the same as the category pages: http://neighborhood.swiftideas.net/product-category/accessories/

2. Search by Tag: Currently search only picks up the title of the product. What do we need to add to all search product tags (which provides better usability for customers, as well as easier to add to 100s of products)?

Can you please note the file (I’m assuming it’s search.php) and code to change the page template to look more like the product category pages and include product tags? This should be an easy fix, but we don’t want to break the site.

Thank you.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

1) Is this for the product search results?

2) This is WordPress standard functionality, you’d need to add a plugin for this – as it will need to modify the way WordPress search works.

While it’s relatively easy to change the results page, it would affect all search results, it’s not possible to provide a different page for product search results.

– Ed

rsae

Thanks for the reply!

1) Yes, this is for product search results. We’d just appreciate being able to search by taxonomy like product tag and/or product category, which are more useful to customers than searching for a product name (especially when you have creatively named products).

2) We actually paid for a plugin that does this (Woocommerce Predictive Search — which is awesome), but it doesn’t integrate into the Ajax search you implemented into Neighborhood. It creates it’s own search field, which is awkwardly placed.

We don’t mind if it changes all search results page, since we’d prefer that search results pages all look the same — similar to the product category page or when you click on a product tag link: http://neighborhood.swiftideas.net/product-category/accessories

Could you please let us know how to change the search results page to look like the above?

Thank you!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

It may be as simple as copying the contents of /woocommerce/archive-product.php over to the search.php file (maybe some modification here and there, e.g. title).

We’ll consider this as a theme option update in the future.

Thanks,

– Ed

jgonzalezd

Hi there! I would like to have that feature too…

@rscrew
    , did you get to custom that? I tried copying content of those files and changing some things, but it wasn’t the same ‘look’.
    See you guys!

rsae

Nope! Couldn’t figure out how to implement “search by product tag”. Even tried the plug-in Relevanissi. However, since Neighborhood’s search page is built with multiple call to query_posts(), it blocks other plug-ins (the search results shows “0” results on all queries).

Again, Ed — we think a lot of people could benefit by being able to search by product tag. After all, many stores have custom named items. Being able to search only if you know the exact title of the product isn’t very helpful or useful for our customers. And plug-ins like Predictive Search Pro (the best — which we paid for and can’t use with Neighborhood) and Relevanissi (pretty good) don’t integrate into the Neighborhood search.

Appreciate the consideration and (hopefully quick) solution…

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please try this plugin http://www.mattyl.co.uk/2012/12/14/woocommerce-wordpress-plugin-to-search-for-products-by-tag/ and it should work 100% .

Thanks
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

rsae

Appreciate the attempt, but that plug-in didn’t work. I still get the “NO RESULTS
    No search results could be found, please try another query.” in the Ajax “live” search and the actual search results page showed products that weren’t related to the query and displayed in a jumbled mess.

Any other ideas or fixes?

Thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please find plugins here http://wordpress.org/plugins/ . Basically WordPress natively dont support search by tags .

Thanks

rsae

This was a very generic and unhelpful answer. I already noted that I (and other people on this forum) have tried 2 of the top paid “search by tag” plug-ins that do not work because of how Neighborhood was coded (they work perfectly in other themes we have tried).

I am well aware WordPress doesn’t natively search by tags, but I also expect to be able to use a premium Woocommerce-specific search plug-in with a premium Woocommerce-specific theme.

Would appreciate if you forward this to the developer:

Ed — we think a lot of people could benefit by being able to search by product tag. After all, many stores have custom named items. Being able to search only if you know the exact title of the product isn’t very helpful or useful for our customers. And plug-ins like Predictive Search Pro (the best — which we paid for and can’t use with Neighborhood) and Relevanissi (pretty good) don’t integrate into the Neighborhood search.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thank you for the feedback, this is assigned to the developer.

Sean

Any updates? Really hoping for the same options originally requested. Also, if the search could include Attributes as well, that would be great. Customers need to get to the products they want. After all, that’s the reason for having an online store. The search really should pull just about all information relating to that product.

Sean

I’m thinking about buying the Woocommerce Predictive Search as well. Can you elaborate on the issues you are having though? And do you have an example of it installed on your site so I can see how it works? Thanks!

rsae

We couldn’t use Woocommerce Predictive Search on our site using the Neighborhood theme because of the aforementioned problems. We’re currently using the Neighborhood default search until this issue is resolved, which means search on our site is essentially useless (which is incredibly disappointing).

We’ve used Woocommerce Predictive Search on 2 other woocommerce-powered websites (using other themes) and it’s awesome. It works exactly as it should.

Sean

Thanks. I need one that searches custom attributes and this one seems to do the trick. I think I’m going to try it.

http://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-search-pro-for-wordpress/full_screen_preview/3357410

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register