New Landing How can we help? General Forum Help Search Function

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    FloatingLime

Dear Support,

I don’t know what I am doing wrong, but I CANNOT make your search function work.

It doesn’t matter what I search for…

“Wacky Baccy”
    “Hey Diddle Diddle”
    “pricing tables set row height”

I get the exact same single page of results.

I am sure that all the questions I have have probably been asked before, but because I cannot search the forums, but have to go through every single post, I am resorting to simply creating help tickets.

Please help so I don’t have to keep wasting your time!

All the best

Lara

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Lara,

It seems that something in the latest bbpress update has broken the search. If you press enter to go to the search results page then it will show the correct options.

– Ed

deaconpt

Hi there,

It would be great if you could fix the search function, because at the moment what ever I search I get the same results.

thank you.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Got this on our list to look into, hopefully have it fixed soon.

– Ed

shelley1507

Bumping this up – without the search feature I had to manually look through quite a few pages to find a topic about the the broken search bar : )

I’m sure you have a really great archive of support threads here, and it’s super frustrating not to be able to access them!

nothere3579

Agreed! Really want to be able to search so I don’t waste the support team’s time asking a question you’ve already answered 🙂

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Search is now fixed, and we’re working on seeing what we can do to improve it.

– Ed

eduturns

I seem to be experiencing the same issue as the others above. Search results are identical, regardless of my query…

Really liked the search you used for a few weeks recently. Don’t know if that was an entirely different search (seemed to be) or the same one, just with different settings configured. Seeing the full post(s) returned on the results page was really nice. Much less time spent navigating back and forth to see if the post contains the information you’re looking for – also seemed to be considerably accurate, from what i recall.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up that there appears to be problems with search again.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I’ve fixed up the issues. Going to be spending some real time in the next few weeks to get everything improved though.

– Ed

eduturns

Ah awesome, it’s working perfectly. Thanks Ed. Look forward to seeing what’s to come.

tangent24
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi,

tangent this thread is about our forum search, so can you open a new thread for your issue? Your question, while it might be similar, is most likely different and requires a different approach. Also, posting to an existing (and probably old) thread will most likely lack currentness and furthermore lack the opportunity to post login details private in case we need them.

All the best

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register