Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    DAPPER-tekstenweb

Hi,

On my website galerietje.emeticus.nl, the search function does not seem to search in products, only news(blog)articles and pages show up. For example, one of the artists in my shop is named Wouter Tulp. This name is also used as a product category and shows up in the description of the product. But, when I perform a search on this name, only the news articles and his page.

I would like to show the products as well. What am I doing wrong?

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi
    Can you post up the URL to a page where this is happening so I can check it out directly?
    Thanks!

DAPPER-tekstenweb

galerietje.emeticus.nl

supreme87

I have the same problem. If I use the search box I see products, blog, page post etc. I like to show only products
    so go to mydomain.com/?s=XXX&post_type=product instead of mydomain.com/?s=XXX
    Thanks

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi Dapper, it definitely also searches products, see here: http://galerietje.emeticus.nl/?s=bremer

supreme it’s not really the same problem, but unfortunately your request is only possible to achieve by modifying the theme’s php code.
    Here’s a tutorial http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-limit-search-results-for-specific-post-types-in-wordpress/

All the best

DAPPER-tekstenweb

Melanie,

You entered (part of) the name of a product. Yes, then it finds that product.

My question is about the name of the artist being a product category, but when i search for this name, products whit that category are not showing up in the search results.

Could you please look into this matter using the example I gave you?

Regards,
    Daphne

Melanie – SUPPORT

You can only search for the item name!

DAPPER-tekstenweb

Aha. Any chance this will change in the future? That the search will index categories too?

Melanie – SUPPORT

I will forward this to the developer to consider, cheers!

supreme87

And there is a simple way instead of use the basic wordpress search, using the woocommerce search?
    because if I go to mydomain.com/?s=XXX&post_type=product i see esaclty what I want to see
    thanks

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Yes you can do like that for product search, http://neighborhood.swiftideas.net/?s=case&post_type=product

if you want do that automatically, go to \wp-content\themes\neighborhood\includes\swift-framework\sf-content-display\sf-header.php line #567 looks like this.

$menu_full_output .= '<li><div class="ajax-search-wrap"><div class="ajax-loading"></div><form method="get" class="ajax-search-form" action="'.home_url().'/"><input type="text" placeholder="'.__("Search", "swiftframework").'" name="s" autocomplete="off" /></form><div class="ajax-search-results"></div></div></li>'. "\n";

change that to

$menu_full_output .= '<li><div class="ajax-search-wrap"><div class="ajax-loading"></div><form method="get" class="ajax-search-form" action="'.home_url().'/"><input type="text" placeholder="'.__("Search", "swiftframework").'" name="s" autocomplete="off" /><input type="hidden" name="post_type" value="product" /></form><div class="ajax-search-results"></div></div></li>'. "\n";

That will do the trick for the search form in the header.

Let me know, what you guys got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks Laranz, glad to have you back ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

laranz – SUPPORT

Thanks for welcoming me, Ed ๐Ÿ˜‰

-La ๐Ÿ˜›

supreme87

work perfectly! really thanks!

Melanie – SUPPORT

fantasic!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register