New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Search & Fullscreen Video returning "#" with no effect

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Parlant Web Developer

Me again. Having some trouble today with the search (not super search, just normal) and the fullscreen video shortcode. The buttons appear correctly, but when clicked, add a “#” to the url and almost nothing else. In some cases a ~30 pixel dark grey bar appears at the top.

Any ideas? What have I done??

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Could you please provide url .

-Tahir

Parlant Web Developer

Yes, thank you Tahir. Here is the URL:

http://www.parentlink.net/video-test-area

password: marshmellows

You can see the first video is a Video Player page element, and that seems to work okay (but no way to make it full-width?); the second video is a Fullscreen Video Player shortcode inside a Boxed Content element.

Really, all I need is a full-width, responsive video player โ€“ but it would be awesome if that drop-down effect would work!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Looks like the custom contact form is causing issues – https://www.dropbox.com/s/do6cf8o9dv5aekj/Screenshot%202014-01-11%2021.47.23.png

Please can you remove this plugin and try again?

– Ed

Parlant Web Developer

Plugin removed โ€“ doesn’t look like it helped. ๐Ÿ™

Parlant Web Developer

Hi! Sorry to double post โ€“ please look at this when you get a chance! Videos are a huge part of our website, and if I can’t get the fullscreen video element working, they’re going to make me choose a different theme. ๐Ÿ™‚ And I’d rather not!

Again, something weird is happening โ€“ when you click play on a video, a black bar appears at the top of the page, but that’s it.

http://www.parentlink.net/video-test-area

password: marshmellows

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, I’m not sure about the video-test-area pageโ€ฆย so you added the same video three times in three different ways?
    Maybe you can let us know your wp-admin login details so we can check it out?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Have you edited the footer.php file? There should be the following, but I’m not seeing it on your site:

<!--// FULL WIDTH VIDEO //-->
    <div class="fw-video-area"><div class="fw-video-close"><i class="ss-delete"></i></div></div><div class="fw-video-spacer"></div>

Lines 256/257

– Ed

Parlant Web Developer

Hi Ed, thank you thank you for replying!

I have not edited footer.php โ€“ I just checked it, and those lines appear to be there. What would you recommend?

Melanie โ€“ yes, I tried three different approaches for the video. They are, in this order:

[ Video Player Element ]

[ Boxed Content Element with Fullscreen Video Player shortcode ]

[ Text Box Element with Fullscreen Video Player shortcode ]

Parlant Web Developer

Okay, I just noticed that the responsive hamburger menu isn’t working either. It seems like any element that uses “#” is just not working at all…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Think I’ve found the issue, can you check that you have your Twitter Application settings set in Settings > Twitter oAuth? You have the twitter widget used, but not set those. If you either set them or disable the plugin then it will work as expected.

– Ed

Parlant Web Developer

IT WORKED!!!!! Ed, everyone, THANK YOU, I am so happy. I love that effect and I am SOOOO glad it’s working now. My company’s website gets a lot of traffic and I was really beginning to worry. But the sun is shining now!!! Thank you!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register