New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Search Button Hidden

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    HiroiSekai

Hey there, recently my search icon in the header has disappeared. Checked the theme options and it is set to enabled under the header options. My guess is that it’s either a bug in the new update or one of my custom CSS rules is hiding it somehow.

Either way, I’m not talking about the Super Search, just the standard search that appears in the header on tablet/desktop view (the mobile one appears because I set it to overlay menu).

Many thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    What and where did you use custom css code? Please explain in detail so i can check easily.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

HiroiSekai

Oh jeez, there’s quite a few different things I implemented them in. I added all of my login info to this post so you’re welcome to view the CSS (added in Jetpack) if you’d like. I’m not actually sure it’s the CSS doing it either, it was just a guess.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you check the provided user credentials because they aren’t working for me.
    thanks

-Rui

HiroiSekai
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Still can’t login, try to change the password.

-Rui

HiroiSekai
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    HiroiSekai

Strange, it always worked for the other admins on here. Regardless I have added you as an admin and sent you an email with the password. Username is Rui if it’s not shown on the email.

Thanks,
    Thomas

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Finally manage to get it. thanks

That strange situation maybe a Theme issue, do you have any screenshot how it was before?

-Rui

HiroiSekai

I’m afraid I don’t have a screenshot, the search icon just vanished one day. My best description is that there was a search icon in the empty area above the social icons in the sidebar, and when clicked it would extend a search box over the content area.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can’t login again ๐Ÿ™‚

But checked with the development and you should use Header Aux Right like in the attached image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2aa0v9y6ojv2sxr/search_vertical_header.png?dl=0

-Rui

HiroiSekai

It worked, many thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You most welcome. I’m glad that issue resolved.
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Mohammad

HiroiSekai

Hi again, just a few quick questions:

1. In all posts, the “Related” thumbnails are compressed and don’t show the entire image. Is there a way to fix this? I know going into the PHP files and setting “null” to a height line fixed it somewhere else, but I’m not sure about where the related posts are defined.

2. There’s an enlarging hover effect on certain elements, sometimes with an arrow over appearing over them. Can I turn the hover effect and the arrow overlay off somewhere?

3. If I click “Comments” on a post, nothing seems to happen. It kind of animates the page upward slightly and looks like it’s trying to open a comments section, but it doesn’t. Is something wrong here?

Many thanks as always!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register