New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Revolution Slider: Activation does not work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    dr_hotte

I just bought the Dante WP theme at themeforest.com. Having read the theme description, I supposed the Revolution Slider plugin was included. However, having installed the latest version of Revolution Slider plugin, I can’t seem to activate it using the purchase code that came with the Dante theme. I always get the error message “Purchase code is invalid” (see attached screenshot).

What am I doing wrong?

robart76

Same problem here

medieval

Same here

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, the purchase code you got is the THEME purchase code, you don’t need to activate the revolution slider as it comes bundled with the theme!

medieval

Still does not work.. if this is part of the theme then we should not be seeing these warnings about Updates and support for the plugin. I don’t see these warnings on other themes that I own that include the Revolution Slider.

ielbury

Same for me. Tried everything! Are we expected to purchase the Revolution Slider? I thought it was part of the template. The big problem is the nag screen that extends across ALL admin screens.

This will not work for me!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Nope you don’t need to purchase the slider as I mentioned!

I don’t experience the warning on my installation. Please let me know your login details in a private reply, I’ll check it out 🙂

underdog

Hi Melanie,

In the past I have noticed that the slider does Not update using plugin auto updates, and so I have had to download updates using the Sticky Link off your support page for updates and than manually FTP the updated files over the live ones. Am I missing something or was I doing this corectly?

The most recent version of the slider 4.2 provides the New Feature: New Activation process added.

The “Revolution Slider” page now gives an area which requires:

Username:
    Envato API Key:
    Purchase code:

While you can continue to update manually using the Sticky Link, it would be really nice to get auto updates working. However the Purchase code for Neighbourhood clearly does not work with my Envanto username and API key. Is it possible to offer us the Purchase code for the bundled version somehow?

Marc

tonipavlovic

I am having the same “issue” here, the revolution slider shows a constant reminder to activate.

Antonio

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, you cannot activate it because you did not purchase it and therefor don’t get a purchase code!!

You can only update it manually unless you purchase it.

All the best

tonipavlovic

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for your reply.
    Excuse me for asking, but what is the purpose of the sticky Revolution slider post then?

Antonio

underdog

Hi Melanie,

Indeed while I understand your position, this is problematic since you have been bundling it with your product and effectively on-selling it. In the past this was not such a problem, but with all the pop-ups and warnings in the back-end it now causes, it will cause our clients (we are developers) to ask questions. Revolution Slider was sold as part of your theme, and so it would be hard to say we did not purchase it? Updates have also been provided by your sticky for some time.

All the best,

Marc

Melanie – SUPPORT

Marc please don’t try to misunderstand what I am saying, when I say you didn’t purchase it I am referring to the fact that you need to purchase the standalone (!) slider in order to receive a purchase code. But you didn’t purchase (the standalone slider) so you don’t get a purchase code to register. Of course you purchased the theme…

I will forward this to the developer, I’m sure he can clarify 🙂

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

This is something added in the latest version of the plugin. Apparently the ThemePunch guys have sorted this in the latest update (i.e. the notice is removed), you aren’t expected to purchase it – don’t worry, we’ll still provide all the updates.

Annoyingly they won’t provide with me a hook to remove this.

Version 4.2.3 posted here – http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/revolution-slider-latest-version-2/#post-54910

– Ed

redcellcreative

still prompts me to activate the plugin – which is extremely bad as this is for a client website.

This plus the ridiculous hoops that I’ve had to jump through to get the demo content imported into neighborhood (still haven’t successfully done it) makes me regret buying this theme. I’ve never encountered this much of a pain with any themeforest theme in the past.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register