New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante responsive shortcode

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    jonesy2367

hmm
    i put that in place to make the form shift over to the right – which worked ok

then when I put in the ‘hidden’ image it shifted the layout?

Kyle – SUPPORT

I just removed the image section and reloaded the page and I still got the spacing.

– Kyle

Kyle – SUPPORT

I think you are looking at a different bit to me, I am talking about the blank section underneath the sign up section, not the bit to the left.

– Kyle

jonesy2367

without the hidden image the form sits with a margin above it, then when I put in the hidden image the form is shifted upward?

jonesy2367

here’s how it looks without the hidden image

jonesy2367

..and with the ‘hidden’ image it shifts the form up?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Sorry I’ve been thinking you are talking about this bit (see screenshot)

As the sign up form is something that you have added, we can’t support it. Negative margins are bound to cause problems. Try reducing the margin from -500px to -470px or something.

– Kyle

jonesy2367

yes I could do that

.. it appears to me that the introduction of the responsive/hidden/shortcode element in the swiftbuilder is the cause of the the form shifting (and that space underneath altering that you noted) – hence I looked at the source code and saw that the image is hidden but the wrapping container/row are not made ‘invisible’ hence there seems to be something remiss in that the swift builder allows you to hide things but doesn’t allow you to hide the div(s) which are containing the said thing

here’s a screenshot – where you can see the fullwidth text div containing the image is greyed out but the container/row isn’t greyed out..hence visible?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes that’s correct, because the responsive class is not on the row.

By the way the responsive classes belong to Bootstrap.

– Kyle

jonesy2367

yes that’s what I meant, i.e. was there a way of targeting that row/container div so it hides it all, just seemed logical if you were going to hide something you’d want a bit of specificity so the layout wasn’t disrupted

seems a few people have picked it up on it previously, (http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/responsive-visibility-issues/) and thought that there might have been an answer/update

thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

In that topic they was using the shortcode, therefore the text block containing the shortcode was causing the space. You have it on the asset.

There has been a lot of confusion in this thread, please screenshot and highlight the ‘space’ that you are referring to.

Kyle

jonesy2367

Hi Kyle

I had used the shortcode to hide the image and was told to put it on the ‘extra class’ to hide the containing divs – it looks like it’s not possible to hide the container/row div

thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

Sorry about that.

– Kyle

jonesy2367

no problem, I just thought I was missing something, thanks for all your help (and patience!)

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register