Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    robmcmon

Hello, I am working with a client who wishes to use WP-Job Manager with the theme Dante. We also want to utilize the geo manager for a interactive map on the Dante theme thru WP-Job Manager. However we have installed the plugins but the job setup in Dante seems to be over riding the shortcodes for WP-Job Manager. How can we disable the built in job function in Dante so that we can use the plugins we need to use for this project.

Thank you,

Robert

Mohammad – SUPPORT

HI,
    Please open to edit swift-framework.php at /themes/dante/swift-framework/
    Find this code
    require_once(SF_FRAMEWORK_PATH . ‘/custom-post-types/jobs-type.php’);

Replace with
    //require_once(SF_FRAMEWORK_PATH . ‘/custom-post-types/jobs-type.php’);

Hope it will help you .

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Or if you are using a child theme, and want this to stick with updates, try out the following code:

function sf_unregister_post_type( $post_type, $slug = '' ) {
    	global $wp_post_types;
    		if (isset( $wp_post_types[ 'jobs' ] ) ) {
    			unset( $wp_post_types[ 'jobs' ] );
    		}
    	}
    }
    add_action('init', 'sf_unregister_post_type', 20);

Hope that helps.

– Ed

robmcmon

Hi Mohammad, Thanks for getting back to me. I’ve tried both things you’ve suggested and both at the same time. This appears to have removed your job option from the admin area to where its not on the side panel. But when using the shortcode [jobs] it is still pulling up jobs from your listings and not the jobs from the listings within the WP-Manager. The second sent of code you provided I placed in both the funtions.php and the swift-framework.php and got the same results doing what I just said.

Maybe there is something else I still need to do somewhere?

Thank you,

Robert

robmcmon

Helllo,

I’ve determined if I comment out these two lines from spb-includes.php

//require_once( SPB_SHORTCODES_DIR . ‘jobs.php’ );
    //require_once( SPB_SHORTCODES_DIR . ‘jobs-overview.php’ );

then it now pulls the jobs from WP Job Manager instead of Dante. However there is one problem

If I click on a job with the dante theme active from WP Job manager it just gives a black page for the actual job details. It wont let me go into the job descriptions.

How can this be fixed it seems related to dante theme.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @robmcmon,

It’s not technically an issue, but rather an incompatibility.

The better option than what you’ve done would be to edit that jobs.php file in the page builder files, and change it to: http://pastie.org/private/ano9pgghjddzlqllxrpbw

That should remove the conflict.

– Ed

robmcmon

I’ve done what you’ve suggested but once I uncomment these two lines:

//require_once( SPB_SHORTCODES_DIR . ‘jobs.php’ );
    //require_once( SPB_SHORTCODES_DIR . ‘jobs-overview.php’ );

In order for the new jobs.php to function the theme reverts back to using the job listings in dante and not the job listings from job manager.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@robmcmon – sorry, think I was getting a little confused. So you want to use the Page Builder asset, but have it pull in from the custom post type you’ve got with that Jobs Manager plugin?

– Ed

robmcmon

No I need to completely remove the job’s aspect of the dante theme. I need to use WP Job Manager because I need to incorporate a interactive map like this one on jobify theme:

http://themeforest.net/item/jobify-wordpress-job-board-theme/full_screen_preview/5247604

That uses WP Job Manager and Geo my WP.
    Unless I can have a interactive map like that one with your theme and job listings?

Thank you,

Robert

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Can you provide a link to the page you referred to with: “it just gives a black page for the actual job details”

Try deleting the single-jobs.php file in the template – that may be the issue?

– Ed

robintee

Same. I wish the jobs sections was more “optional” than compulsory.

I was working with WP Job Manager which seemed to be more useful. I still love the dante theme, but I’m also trying to figure out how to remove dante’s job section so I can just use WP Job Manager.

Was this resolved?

Robin.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please follow steps of discussed in previous reply . Hopefully those will help you sure 100% .

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I’m looking into a way to add the ability to remove custom post types through the theme options, but until then please use the method above.

Thanks,

– Ed

wildfox

Hi,

I removed the whole Swift Page Builder via the function.php in my child theme and I’d like to use WP Job Manager.
    Is the conflict solved now or should I remove/comment something else?

regards

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

It doesn’t exist any problem, but if Cardinal is using the same custom post type as Wp-Job-Manager and you want to use WP-Job-Manager instead you should disable our Jobs custom post type by following the instructions provided in this topic.

-Rui

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register