New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Recent Posts Aspect Ratio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    bluecouches

I would like to change the SPB Element “Recent Posts – Standard” to use a different aspect ratio for thumbnails.

Currently, the thumbnails are automatically sized to 4×3. I would like to swap that so that the thumbnails are 3×4 (3 wide by 4 high).

OR, have the ability to change the image size used here to any aspect ratio I need. For example: I would use a “Recent Posts” SPB Element in a Row that displays thumbnails at 3×4 and then another row with a 2nd “Recent Posts” SPB Element that uses 1×1 thumbnails.

There is a similar question here for the Atelier theme that was solved via email by Kyle: http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/question-re-recent-posts-standard-row-thumbs/

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Without modifying this core theme functions, would CSS suffice for you?

figure.animated-overlay.overlay-style.thumb-media-image {
        max-width: 75%;
    }

Else, you would need to add this function sf_post_thumbnail override to your child theme functions.php and change the image sizes: http://pastie.org/private/gvsclg1w2c3mmypcnly8qa.

Thanks,
    David.

bluecouches

The CSS suggestion had no effect unfortunately. .thumb-media-image references the blog page thumbnails and not the thumbs used in the “Recent Posts” SPB Element.

I’ve also added the code you linked to functions.php and the result changed the thumbnails shown on my blog page depending on the image sizes I changed… But this too has no effect on the “Recent Posts SPB Element.”

I fear your advice may be for changing thumbnails on the blog page only and not the actual Swift Page builder element. For reference, I’ll be including a “Recent Posts” SPB element on a new page and would like the thumbs to be displayed at 3×4 as opposed to the standard 4×3.

There is a similar question here for the Atelier theme that was solved via email by Kyle: http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/question-re-recent-posts-standard-row-thumbs/

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You should try the php code change that David advised by copying the pastie code to the functions.php of your child theme.
    Than just change the sizes to the desired ones.

-Rui

bluecouches

Please read my reply. I have already done that and explained that it has no effect on the “Recent Posts” page builder element.

I was very thorough in testing both options given to me, I explained that they appear to ONLY change the BLOG page thumbnails and have no effect on the “Recent Posts” page builder asset that I want to use on a completely separate page.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Apologize I missed that.

Can you provide us the link to your recent posts page?

Guess the credentials you provided will work. Need to check if it’s just a question of regenerating the thumbnails with the new settings.

-Rui

bluecouches
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

The function would be slightly different, it is called sf_get_recent_post_item and would need to be overwritten.

Here is the whole function: http://pastie.org/private/on01abebg6rkw6rtnsq.

You can then change the width/height on using this two line:

$thumb_width = apply_filters('sf_recent_post_item_thumb_width', 360);
                $thumb_height = apply_filters('sf_recent_post_item_thumb_height', 270);

Thanks,
    David.

bluecouches

That’s It! Thank you very much David. This is exactly what I was searching for… works perfectly.

David Martin – Support

Great, glad to help you.
    -David.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.