New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Questions On Demo Content Install

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    aswtmelody

Hello there,
    I’ve installed the demo content, and I have a few questions.
    Please pardon me in advance as I am a joomla gal, and this is my first serious foray into wordpress.

After installing the demo content xml and txt file, is my site supposed to look exactly like the demo on themeforest? It showed as installing fine, with no error messages.

I had to make a tweak to the features section of the menu to get it to work. I don’t know if that was due to the install, but it was dead.

On the contact page, I have the stay in touch area, but no social icons. What do I need to do to get them?

In the page headers some are gray and some are white. I notice on your demo it looks like an image.
    I see the general change, but its showing as f7f7f7 default but not all are that. Where can I install an image to that area, and get a uniform color?

No sidebars came through in the install. Should there have been?

In the breadcrumbs it say the site title vs home, and I can’t seem to find where to change that. I’ve looked in the plugin I believe corresponds to it, but not sure what to change, if that is the correct area.

Should something have imported in the footer areas?

And a general question, I was thinking if I changed the accent color, it would change the elements that matched the theme color. It only changed buttons. Is there a one step change for the icons and boxes etc, or is it one element at a time?

Thanks!
    Alicia

aswtmelody

I did figure out the social icons. That area was blank, and once i put something in there, they appeared.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Did you import our theme options? That will be the reason for the page headers as this is where they are set.

Sidebars unfortunately don’t port with the WordPress export – no idea why!

Check the Settings > Breadcrumb NavXT page, as this is where that is set.

If you check the shortcodes section of the colour customiser, you’ll find the icon settings.

Any more questions, let me know. Hope that helps!

– Ed

aswtmelody

Thank you Ed!
    I did import the theme options, and some were set and some were white, and no graphic on the simple ones. If I changed it in the color chooser it would not change universally.

I reset the theme options to default. I tried to change the color in the color chooser, it would show it being changed, but it wouldn’t save it. Or it would save one, and the rest would remain white.

Between your answers and my playing around with the theme, I’ve managed to knock everything off my first list except this.

Thanks!
    Alicia

aswtmelody

Ah, I think I figured it out in my tinkering. It needs to be set in theme options, and not in the color chooser– is that correct?

Thanks,
    Alicia

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

That’s correct – the asset backgrounds for things such as page headings and full width text backgrounds are set in the theme options.

– Ed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register