New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Punch Question about updating theme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Posted in: Punch
    RadialD

Today I updated to the most recent version of the Punch theme. I thought everything would go quickly but it removed some of my customizations that I did. So now I have a question.

When I did my customizations I could have swore I created a new page template so I wouldn’t mess up the original theme. On the new page template I added a slider into the theme. So this is my question.

When the theme get’s updated does it remove all the files from the directories and replace them with brand new files or does it overwrite what’s already there. I want to make sure that I do these customizations right right way so when the theme updates I don’t have to worry about it messing up any of the customizations that I do. I always use the custom CSS and be sure not to edit the original stylesheets. Is there something I did wrong which removed the custom page template I created when I updated.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, the update removes the existing files and them uploads the new ones.
    Those kind of modifications should be moved to a child theme to avoid losing modifications on the updates.

-Rui

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register