New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Product Thumbnails not square – issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    comlor

I’ve been trying to figure out the issues with the product thumbnails on the shop and category pages with no avail. At first the images were all blurry, then I watched the tutorial for adding products and set the product image dimensions in WooCommerce settings as recommended by you. I then deleted the old product photos, uploaded new product photos and now the thumbnails are no longer square but are sized depending on image size so I’ve got a stagger of different sized images in thumbnails and it look really bad. I then redeleted images and went ahead and regenerated thumbnails thinking that may be it. Uploaded new product photos and still have the same issue of thumbnails not being square and staggered across page. This is really frustrating and have project due tomorrow for our client. I emailed support twice yesterday about this and haven’t heard back. Let me know what I need to do.

Thanks,

Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    comlor

Also, I see there are different product sizes in theme docs which I tried those as well and the images are still showing staggered and different sizes.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please could you provide a link and login so I can sort this out for you

– Kyle

comlor

Thanks Kyle, Ed helped get this resolved last night. The issue was in the catalog image size I needed to make the image dimensions smaller than the smallest product photo I had uploaded which happened to be that 400×400 in product catalog image size worked perfect for me. Then I had to regenerate thumbnails. I used “force regenerate thumbnails” plugin for anyone else interested. It worked much faster than the standard plugin “regenerate thumbnails”.

Thanks,

Chris

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok great, thanks for sharing

– Kyle

suni99
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

That login isn’t working for me

– Kyle

suni99
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please check now

– Kyle

suni99

Great. Thank you Kyle!

– Jennie

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Great. Thanks Kyle
    -Rui

ddcat

HI I have been trying to regenerate thumbnails I used both Regenerate and Force Regenerate Thumbnail plugin. I editted my thumbnails and regenerated them and they are still not fixed. Please advise how to edit thumbnail images in this theme.

David Martin – Support

@ddcat you only need to regenerate your thumbnails if you actually change the size settings in the WordPress media settings or via the core theme files within your child theme.

– Can you describe what exactly you are wanting to do to the image sizes, ie: change the aspect ration, general size, margins between and on what section of your site. Please provide a link to your site.

Thanks.

ddcat
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Are you referring to this item? http://d.pr/i/3T2i/60MlBDwJ

– Kyle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register