New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Product Page – parent categories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    gregcatmull

Hi,

I have recently purchased your theme, all good so far!

my website is shop.garsons.co.uk, I want to have a product page for BBQs and a product page for Garden furniture. This is fine, I’ve managed to do that.

What I need is to display a different parent category on each of the two pages. So the BBQ parent category on the left side bar of bbqs page and then the garden furniture parent category on the left side bar of garden furniture page.

can this be done?

cheers Greg

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You can use the WooCommerce Product Categories widget and check the box for ‘only show children of current category’ (see screenshot)

– Kyle

gregcatmull

That’s great but what I really want is to have a page for BBQs and a page for Garden Furniture.

On the BBQ page I want to display only bbq related products and on the left side just category filters relating to bbq (for example bbq brands) and then on the Garden furniture page I want to display only furniture related products and category filters relating to furniture.

Currently a customer would click the garden furniture page and see filter for category filters on the left for all products including bbq brands which are not relevant.

cheers
    Greg
    shop.garsons.co.uk

Kyle – SUPPORT

The way to do it is set up your two parent categories BBQs and Garden Furniture then give them children categories.

Then go to Appearance Menus and add the category pages to your menu (no need to physically create a page)

Then just do what I said with the widget 🙂

– Kyle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register