New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Nota Product Image Sizes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Nota
    chemicaldesign

Hi
    I have been adding images to our clients website and wondered if there was a way to tidy up the images in the products page. The products are different shapes and sizes but is there a way to restrict the images in the product list to a set height and let the columns look after the widths.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Stephen

David Martin – Support

Hi Stephen,

Ideally, you want the images to be optimised for web before upload. If you have a set size/ratio the theme will crop/resize the image where possible.

You can change the WooCommerce image sizes here: WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display.

You need to use this plugin to rebuild your thumbnails: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

chemicaldesign

Hi,

Just so we have a definitive answer documented I had many images all different sizes and shapes. To get this working I changed the Woo Commerce Image settings to equal widths/heights so that my images displayed as a square. I then used this script in photoshop to batch process my images so they were all square (but still all different sizes):
    http://www.doiteasyguide.com/2014/04/photoshop-scrip-for-re-size-odd-dimention-to-square-canvas.html
    This adds extra canvas space to the images rather than cropping square.

Once all my images were square I then batch processed them again to resize to 900px x 900px. All my images are now the correct shape and size.

Hope this helps someone else in a similar situation.

David Martin – Support

Great, glad you got this sorted.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.