New Landing How can we help? Atelier Product Asset limited to 8 items

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Katie Sutton

Ok, having a crazy issue. I set up a multiple row shop page using a separate product asset for each row and selecting recent products and the applicable category for each product asset. All was well until I added a new Product asset to the shop page for “Library Wines” (it’s the last asset on the page provided). If I change the number of products for that asset to more than 8, I cannot view the page when I’m signed in as a user – when I try signed in as an admin in safari, it just half-loads (in Chrome, where I signed in as a customer, I just get a server error). I can see it on different browsers where I am not logged in just fine but we will have members for our site so we need our customers to be able to view all of our products! Weirdly, I had the product asset for the category of wine directly above it already set to 20 products and that was not blowing up the page (although there are less than 20 wines in there). I duplicated that asset and just changed the category and boom! Can you help me? I’m at a total loss on this one! Thanks in advance.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please can you check your SSL setup as I can’t access your site: http://d.pr/i/1bGu8/4jtl0pos

– Kyle

Katie Sutton
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok done that

I’m not understanding your issue, the heading ‘Mustards, Oils & Vinegars’ has more than 8 products and the page is viewing fine for me. What do I need to do to replicate the error?

– Kyle

Katie Sutton

Right, that’s the bizarre part – if you go behind the page to the product asset for Library Wines (5th down on shop, last down on Wines), you will see it’s set to 8. That is because the client is reviewing the site and I want him to be able to log in and see the page. If you then set it to 14 (or 20 or anything more than 8) and try to view the page… badness… Crazy, right?

Katie Sutton
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Looks like you need to increase your memory limit: http://d.pr/i/1immg/4wvXSfsB

– Kyle

Katie Sutton

Fixed that but the problem persists…

Kyle – SUPPORT

You still get 500 internal server error?

– Kyle

Katie Sutton

If I change the number of Library Wines to anything above 8, I get a white screen when I click View Page in Safari. In Firefox, the page only loads a partial and it’s messed up. This happens only if I am logged in, a non-logged in user can see the page fine. But this is no good, as we will have members who are logged into their accounts. I noticed that when I am logged in as a club member (membership created vis-a-vis the Woocommerce Membership Plugin), I can see the page okay when set to 14. However, when I’m logged in as a regular account holder (non-member, but someone who wanted their account saved), the page does not load properly. Really crazy.

Also, here’s another clue: Under the Product Asset for Library Wines, I made one change: instead of the category Library Wines, under Product Category I selected x Mustards x Oils and x Vinegars (3 separate categories, just as in the other product asset for Mustards, Oils and Vinegars) and then I set the count to 20. Page loaded no problem! So must have something to do with that category…?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Ok there might be a broken product in that category, can you increase the number by 1 each time and check which number cause the page to break, then we can look into the product

– Kyle

Katie Sutton

OK, so after a pretty extensive amount of experimentation, here’s what I figured out:

Up to 10 wines in this product asset will not blow up the page. To be able to display the page properly and include the other four wines, if I uncheck the category “Red Wines” on those four wines, everything is hunky-dorey… so the question is, why? I need to fix this because I do need to have ALL of our red wines in the Red Wine category for customer filtering purposes.

As an experiment, I added an entirely new product and categorized it as a “Mustard” (because that is another Product Asset that is set to 20) and as “Red wine”. This too makes the Shop page unable to display. Currently, we have 29 wines in the Red wine category (really 33 if you count the 4 I can’t categorize in that manner). As another experiment, I reset the number of products per page in theme settings to 35 but it still happens. So, punting back to you please . . .

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Please check your wp-config.php file contains this: define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');.

If it does not please add it.

Please ask your host to supply you with your server error logs for us to look at.

Thanks.

Katie Sutton

Hi Martin,

To my great amazement this seems to have fixed the issue – is it really that easy?
    Kyle was on the right track in that he had me check my memory but I added this to my file: define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’); because the Woocommerce System status dashboard said I needed “at least” 64. So Kyle and I struggled along our merry ways for days on this issue… wish I’d known it needed MORE than 64 (because System Status was ok after we upped it to 64). Would have saved Kyle and, at least me, hours. Anyway, thanks!

Katie

David Martin – Support

Great, no problem Katie!

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register