New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Problems With SEO

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    csassz

Hi there,

I have used the Cardinal theme for two clients. And one of these clients took their site live last May and had a terrible time getting their site to index in search engines. They got an SEO pro to look into it, and he pointed the finger to template we used, saying there’s a lot of code that causes the search engines to not index it. They ended up doing some sort of work around creating a landing page that doesn’t use the template to finally get the site to index. I am no longer admin-ing the site so I can’t give you access to the admin panel

My concern now lies with my other client who also used the Cardinal theme. He is putting the finishing touches to his site and hopes to go live soon. Is SEO a problem with the Cardinal theme? And is it AMP-friendly? Are there any specific tips you can share to optimize SEO for the Cardinal?

Thank you!
    Cassandra

David Martin – Support

there’s a lot of code that causes the search engines to not index it

– could you be specific, I do not see any code that would block a Search Engine spider from crawling and indexing the site.

– A plugin or WordPress option such as Settings => Search Engine Visibility => Discourage search engines from indexing this site could in theory be added to cause this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register