New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme Problems after installing Tuna Site's WP Pro WordPress Template Forum

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    Rob222

I purchased a WP Pro Forum template from http://tunasite.com/wp-pro-forum-system/

I followed the instructions and ran into problems. I posted on the helpdesk page of the tuna site and so far no word / help whatsoever. Greatly disappointed given I payed good money for such a product.

The problems I am now experiencing running the WP Forum is that my Blog page article (I only have one article) now gets a 404 error and I don’t know why?

ALSO… I can’t seem to post articles to my blog. I don’t see any blog section within my admin area for where I can post an article?? I only see a forum section and if I click on the categories within my forum section within the admin area, I see all my categories, blog categories and forum categories all mixed together. This happened after I changed the name of the permalinks within the forum main settings section. I altered the ftopic to topic and freply to reply etc as it did state that I could change the names.

Now I can’t get my blog working now and ‘Tuna site’ help desk does NOT provide help!

Can someone take a look at my site and help me please? I would really appreciate it.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

1. It seems that the permalink issue, try to give it all default then check that fixed the issue, if so again try to change the permalinks back to its original, then check that fixed the issue.
    2. For content mixed in the admin, I am afraid they only able to help you with that, wait for them they will surely get back to you, while checking their site, it seems they are on holiday until 23-Sep. So wait for them back.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

Rob222

Hi there,

I changed the permalinks to default as you requested. I checked my blog article and yes it appeared again.
    However…I then tried to change the permalinks back to custom and clicked save but when I click save, the permalink structure automatically goes back to default?? Any idea why?

Thanks for the help.

Rob222

Within the permalink structure settings, every other common setting within permalinks works (when saved), except ‘common structure’ which is the one I want.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

So I think there is some problem in the permalink saving,

1. Try flush the permalinks, http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/flush_rewrite_rules
    2. Backup your .htaccess file and delete it, and then go to Settings -> Permalinks and hit save, it will create another .htacess file, and see that fix the issue.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

Rob222

Ok no.1 is way over my head. I don’t do code so no.1 is too complicated for me.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Simple add this in the functions.php last line.

add_action('admin_init', 'wpse_123401_plugin_settings_flush_rewrite');
    function wpse_123401_plugin_settings_flush_rewrite() {
            flush_rewrite_rules();
    }

Refresh the admin page once, and then you may delete this code, and then check this solves the issue.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

Rob222

Ok. Did both 1 and 2 but nothing has changed.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

I forward this to our another support staff, if that also fails. I suggest you to contact the plugin author after their vacations.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Rob222

I think I have fixed the problem. Your suggestions may have worked after all, not exactly sure but my site seems to be working again. So thanks.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Glad it works ๐Ÿ™‚ Sometimes the permalinks take some time to update ๐Ÿ™‚

Let us know, if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register