New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Problem translations in shop because of neighborhood-theme (english words)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    wonder40

Hi guys,

I have read many instructions in this forum about the (problems with) translating some English words in your (neigborhoodtheme)-shop to my own language (Dutch). Nothing works.

I have modified the .po’s en .mo’s with Poedit (as well with LocoTranslate) on the different locations:

/wp-content/themes/neigborhood/language
    /wp-content/languages/plugins
    /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-i18n-languages

Nothing works (and po’s and mo’s are already good already there, overall viewed).

In woocommerce, the Dutch translations are all good set (and not anything is in English in the shop there, all is correctly in Dutch). To check this, I have activated WordPress-Sixteen-theme, and yes indeed: then all translations are correctly in Dutch.

In Neighborhood-theme however, the English words stay on that certain places.
    I’ll send you two screenshots here, as an example (by far not complete). That words (marked with blue line) -for example- should be in Dutch language. Because: In the .po’s and .mo’s: they are in Dutch!!

So: the only thing I have concluded: is that in certain .php-files of Neigborhoodtheme, this English words are hardcoded in the php in English. Files in directories:
    /wp-content/themes/neigborhood/woocommerce
    That are Neigborhood-files that overwrite the woocommerce-templates, so there’s is the (language)problem.

How to fix this?!?

I dont’ think is a nice and good job for me, to go exploring all php-files in the directories there, and searching what hardcoded English sentences should be replaced by me by the Dutch sentences/words (in which php-files?).
    And also: with hardcoding there in Dutch, I will get the update-problems in the future (even if I will use a childtheme, with upgrade of woocomerce-files and yours, I have to compare and translate again). Not a very good solution too.

So, please, can you tell me how (and where) to handle this translation-problem and how I can translate the English Neighborhood overwritngs (and have the Dutch woocommerce translations). With no future update problems
    Or do you have an upgrade for this translation-problem?

I have not insatlled Wpml, because i don’t want a heavy plugin in the site, while we don’t need a multilangual website. And what I have read: working with Wmpl will not fix this issue too.

With kind regards!
    Alice

Neighborhood Version: 3.4.52
    Woocommerce Version: 3.01

wonder40
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Nothing is hard coded, everything is available for translation.

1) Theme file translation goes here: /wp-content/dante/language/ or a child theme /wp-content/dante-child/language/.

2) Plugin translations belong in /wp-content/languages/.

3) Full instructions on how to translate the theme strings is located here: http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-theme-using-poedit/.

Thanks

wonder40

To un-check the fuzzy translations, was the solution. Thanks!

David Martin – Support

Glad to help you out!

If you have found the theme/support useful, we appreciate it if you can leave feedback on our item if you have the time as it really helps us out.

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register