New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Print Styes for Neighbourhood

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
    underdog

Hi there,

Great Theme.. and just over a year of development later, we are about to go live with our clients site, presently still on staging at comfort.underdogdigital.net.

Issue is our client has noted that pages do not print without lots of serious code printing on all pages (especially product pages) of the site. This because it seems you have not yet done Print Styles for Neighbourhood standard as I see at: http://themeforest.net/item/neighborhood-responsive-multipurpose-shop-theme/5086341/comments?page=53&filter=all#comment_5076616. I see at the time you indicated you were looking at doing that in a future update, but that was a year back. I see your demo site also does not print, so I assume you have not yet done print styles? Can you advise if there is some work-around so we can allow our client to print, or do we need to create print styles ourselves?

All the best,

Marc

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

No I’m afraid we have not done this yet, is is a very big task and we don’t see it as a highest priority. You would need to create the print.css file yourself if you wanted to print the pages

– Kyle

underdog

Hi Kyle,

This is a pity. The client is not happy as they say in their case their designers often need to print pages to take to their clients as references, and the header and other non styled content looks horrid.

Can you help guide with the easiest way to do this? Will updated overwrite, or will we then need a child theme?

The client has asked if its possible to then just print a blank page, rather than allowing printing of rubbish. Is that possible to do more easily?

All the best,

Marc

underdog

Further to this, I have been send print-outs my client did on the same site before we did enhancements back in 2014 which show that at that time your theme must have had a print friendly style sheet.

At present your demo web site at http://neighborhood.swiftideas.com/ has the same issues we have on our site presently in terms of printing. Attached a PDF print out of the site now, and a scan of a printed page from a year back of the same product, showing that it did then print fine. Also attached a screen grab of YOUR demo web site, to show you have the same issues presently as we do.

Quite honestly I think its poor to say that one of the top WooCommerce themes does not support printing out of product or order pages! Surely people want evidence of what they ordered, and if printouts look as they do now, and yet worked a year ago, we wander what went wrong with this theme?

The issue seems to be that all links are now being printed, where previously they were not?

Looking forward to your response.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes printing orders makes sense, for that you can use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-delivery-notes/ however I don’t believe many themes at all on themeforest have a print.css file

If your designer wants to print pages he can use a browser extension to capture the page as an image, and print the image

– Kyle

underdog

Thanks Kyle,

That helps a lot. Still a bit confused as to why in the past the same theme printed without actually printing all full links within a page, and now it adds all the links within a print.

I don’t expect it to look perfect at all.. just not print links.. so thus my question. Am happy to solve it one of the ways you propose… but it does sound a bit like a work-around when something previously clearly must have worked OK?

All the best,

Marc

Kyle – SUPPORT

We have never has a print.css file, I couldn’t tell you why it’s printing links now, you could look it up on Google as it’s something I can’t tell you as I’m not aware of

– Kyle

underdog

The question is only why your links all print when they did not previously. It applies to your test site also. It is clear they never always printed. Google reflects you have changed the way your style sheets work, and thus the problem.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Try adding this to your custom css:

@media print {
      a[href]:after {
        content: "none";
      }
    }

– Kyle

underdog

Sadly does not work… have had to do a change to functions.pho and add a print.css

Kyle – SUPPORT

Has it sorted the issue?

– Kyle

underdog

Unfortunately not. Tracey will take over this matter as she has found another way to do it, but it causes issues with certain sized images which are not printed. She will respond to this ticket shortly.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Ok. Let us know.

-Rui

underdog

Hi Rui,

I have managed to do some formatting on the print option using custom css. Please see code used below.

/* #Print Styles
    ================================================== */
    @media print {
    content: ” (” attr(href) “)”;
    }
    }

@media print {
    content: none !important;
    }
    }

@media print {
    .woocommerce div.product div.images {
    width: 80%;
    }
    }

@media print {
    .woocommerce div.product div.summary {
    width: 80%;
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    }
    }

@media print {
    #main-navigation {
    display:none;
    }
    }

@media print {
    .header-right {
    }
    }

@media print {
    .product-share {
    }
    }
    @media print {
    #copyright{
    }
    }

@media print {
    .product-carousel{
    }
    }

The only remaining issue is that while the image displays correctly on pages that use a landscape image, on pages that use portrait images the image is cut off, leaving only a small sliver showing.

Please view the pdf preview on the following two pages to see the differences that I am referring to. If you could let me know if there is some custom css that I can add to mitigate this, I would appreciate it.

http://www.comfortcreations.co.za/products/couches/aida-range-4/
    http://www.comfortcreations.co.za/products/tables/dna-hex/

Thanks very much

Tracey

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    My colleague will assist you shortly.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register