New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Price change in product page on variation selection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
    seaofghosts

Sorry for all these threads I thought you would prefer keeping issues separate so it isn’t confusing and also easier for others with the same problems when searching!

I have a product that gets more expensive in a bigger size.

On the product page the price is FROM: $100.

But if I select the more expensive option it still shows From: $100. I think that’s unfair for a customer – they should know how much the larger size is before they add the product to their cart. It may only be one step extra to see but I can forsee it being a huge cause of cart abandonment.

How do we get this price to change depending on the user’s selection within the product page so there are no surprises?

In fact, is there a way to set it so that it simply shows $100 and then changes to $120 if the more expensive option is selected? No “From:”? I understand the need for the “From:” on the catalogue page, but I think it’s unnecessary on the product page.

westcoastsurf

You must have your variations setup incorrect or you have a bug. When a customer selects a variation it shows the amount underneath the dropdown and also then shows the Add To Cart button. The FROM price never changes.

If you want you can also add the extra $ cost in your variation description for the drop down
    ex:
    Small
    Medium (+$100)
    Large (+$200)

p.price {display:none !important;}

will remove the FROM on the product page.

seaofghosts
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, are you aware of this thread? http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/variation-dropdown-issue-will-v1-3-4-fix/ the developer is working with a few users on a variation issue that popped up recently.

seaofghosts

Yes I have followed that thread extensively before starting this one.

I have changed the JS as described because I also couldn’t select a variant via the drop-down box in my installation.

But nobody is experiencing my problem in that thread with varying pricing not showing. Westcoastsurf has also posted in that thread with his/her issues and still thinks I have a problem because his/her installation shows variant pricing.

So… please help!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Let me know if it works once you switch to the default theme.

Cheers

seaofghosts

What default theme? Default wordpress theme? I deleted twenty ten/eleven/twelve/thirteen. But I can reinstall one if that’s what you need me to do.

seaofghosts

I have just reinstalled twenty ten and loaded a product page with a variation product. There is no price at all! So is this an issue with my installation of woo commerce?

seaofghosts
    This reply has been marked as private.
    seaofghosts

Okay I reinstalled Neighborhood and it’s pretty much fixed again.
    THAT WAS SO INSANE I HAVE NO IDEA HOW/WHY THAT HAPPENED.

But the pricing issue remains.

Since WooCommerce is free I can’t get support from WooThemes as I haven’t paid for anything from them. Where can I go to get this pricing problem sorted? My developer is ignoring my e-mails and I don’t know anyone else who knows WooCommerce to help me fix it.

seaofghosts

Ok another update. I FOUND THE PRICE, it was just WHITE so I couldn’t see it against the page background.

Man. I did not have to go to all that trouble to break my entire bloody WooCommerce and Neighborhood installation and then painfully fix it all.

Remember that “big gap” I was complaining about after removing the quantity buttons? IT WAS IN THAT GAP. Why on earth was it white? I’ve updated the css to make it black now, but seriously. I don’t know how my price was white but I will say this – the Neighborhood demo doesn’t appear to have any products with variations in it so that I could test and see where this price should be popping up. That’s really poor form – I might have found this sooner and not spent four hours breaking and fixing my site.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Do you need css to change the color of the price? If so, can you post up a URL of a product so I can give you custom tailored css? ๐Ÿ™‚

f18ffy

Hi Melanie and seaofghosts,

Was there a fix? I would like to achieve the same formatting, but removing “from” and allowing the price to change at top, if thats possible?

Thanks,
    Wendy

Melanie – SUPPORT

You can remove the from price with the css near the beginning of this thread ๐Ÿ™‚ Cheers

[email protected]

Hello, I as well am looking to remove the “From: xxx” and just have the price change at the top depending on what variation was selected. If no variation was selected yet, just display the lowest price.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register