New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Portfolio standard image size

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    rhodez

Hi,

In Dante documentation I found that portfolio item (media display: standard) would have these dimensions: Standard Width (Standard) – 850px x ANY.

However I can see that my 850px wide images are streched bigger and not looking good. What is the correct pixel dimension for a standard portfolio item?

(It seems that 850px is correct for the split display view.)

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Could you please provide the page link so i can take a look at it. It might be that some css is overridden by a plugin or custom changes.

Thanks
    Tahir

rhodez

Hi,

sorry but my site is not live yet. There are no other plugins installed. And custom removing all CSS doesn’t change this behaviour. Try it yourself.

I am using a fullwidth layout and it seems, that dante streches my portfolio detail images to full width of the window (and there is no limit at 850px). If I extend window width to 1280px (my screen top resolution) it starts to strech the image a bit.

Is there a way to keep the image from scaling up from its maximum pixel dimensions? (eg. 850px)

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi rhodez,

The Fullwidth Layout is meant to stretch your content according to the browser width so if you want it fixed you will have to use the boxed page layout.

Thanks
    Tahir

rhodez

Ok,

so back to the initial question: what is the optimal image size for portfolio standard image, assuming users are not sizing their window more than 1280px wide? Eg. what is the width of the content area then?

For reference, check how your demo image scales here when resizing browser window:

http://dante.swiftideas.net/portfolio/saap/

I don’t want to use 2000px wide images as in the above demo page. They are way too slow to load and I don’t have such large images.

Thanks for your patience! This is important since I have a lot of images to process and I want them to look pixel perfect.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,

You can set them to 1280 px wide so that it can be used in both Full width and Boxed pages. Fullwidth is 100 percent width so . My current screen resolution is 1440×900 and the portfolio page shows the image resized to 1140×483 px .

All the Best

-Tahir

rhodez

Thanks,

will try that out!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Cheers Tahir.

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register