New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Portfolio not showing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    ConsciousMKTG

I cannot get the portfolio to show on any page. The portfolio is supposed to be on the bottom of http://maggiekavan.com/services-and-capabilities/ it is also supposed to be displayed on http://maggiekavan.com/portfolio and it is not showing at all. I can see the space that it is supposed to be in, I can also see that the link is there but it is not displaying anything. Please help.

David Martin – Support

Please delete this version of Dante and activate the latest available version:

ConsciousMKTG

How do I do that?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

First activate the most recent theme version, than in the other one click in details after that a modal window will appear and there is a delete link at the bottom.

-Rui

ConsciousMKTG

Will I lose anything?

ConsciousMKTG

I just switched it and it changed the front page to a different address, PLEASE HELP!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

you just need to set it again. This only happens once, it’s a WordPress issue( or feature)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojorhzwgtspm1wq/Screenshot%202017-05-16%2020.08.49.png?dl=0

I already did it.

If you made any customizations in the files you will lose it, but deleting the theme doesn’t touch in any database data like theme options, page/posts/etc content, images.

Just to show you the delete button in the bottom right corner.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g52tjvq2ei2dmy7/Screenshot%202017-05-16%2020.09.57.png?dl=0

-Rui

ConsciousMKTG

Oh thank GOD for your help thank you!

So what would a customization be in the file? I just want to make sure I will not lose anything that I have done.

Also, I don’t see the portfolio still, will it not appear until I delete the other theme?

ConsciousMKTG

What exactly are the customizations that you refer to? Any customizations to the code? Also, I still don’t see the portfolio displayed…is that because I haven’t deleted the other version yet?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

When I say customizations it’s any modification you did in the theme files.
    This seems a content issue, you didn’t set the featured image on the Portfolio items.

Portfolio Featured Image

Assign one featured image for each Portfolio item and check again the homepage.

-Rui

ConsciousMKTG

Did I mess up by building my site on the child theme? I thought that is what you are supposed to do?? Upload the Parent theme and the child theme and build everything on the child theme?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

yes that is what is suppose to do. Try what I suggested above and let me know.

-Rui

ConsciousMKTG

That is why I am confused. Why did I have to delete the child theme and activate the parent theme?

I deleted the other one you told me too. I also assigned the featured image and the portfolio is still not showing up…

ConsciousMKTG

Please respond

ConsciousMKTG

Rui I have tried everything and the portfolio is still not showing…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register