New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Portfolio Issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    filmdust

I’m having a couple of issues with my portfolio setup.

1) I can’t seem to get more than 12 items to display. I changed the number, tried a blank number as suggested by the “info” icon, but to no avail. I even tried all different portfolio types. Even if there’s a limit, shouldn’t there be an option for the viewer to load more (different pages perhaps)?

2) When using the multi-size masonry type, my one wide image offsets the next image (even though the width of that thumbnail is the same as the others. I set the page to multi-size masonry so you can see what I mean.

3) For individual portfolio items, I found I can change the text color that appears, but where can I change the overlay color. Say I want the overlay color to be dark to contrast the BG…

4) I’m using full-screen vimeo overlays, but the player size is determined by the screen. Is there a way to change the player to have the video’s native aspect ratio?

5) Feature request: in the same format as the full-screen video overlay, can you have a set up that drop down like the full-screen video whereby the video player is slightly smaller on the left and leave a sidebar on the right for example for a title and some info on the video? sorta like the set up on this page (http://filmdust.tv/portfolio/vodafone-personalized-video/), complete with the share button and all, just that it drops down so visitors don’t have to leave the portfolio page?

Thanks!!

Avraham

David Martin – Support

1) Please use -1. I have done this for you and it works. Seems to be a bug, whereby if you leave the number blank, it defaults to 12. You also had the Pagination => Off set, so you had no links to the next page.

2) Not sure I understand this, can you add a screenshot to illustrate the issue?

This is what I see:

3) Are you referring to the white overlay?

If so, set the background color here: Thumbnail => Thumbnail Background Hover Color:

4) Unfortunalty not by default no.

5) I can certainly pass this on for consideration.

Thanks,
    David.

filmdust

Thanks David for being so thorough with screenshots and all!!

I managed to change the overlay color but can’t find where to change the text color to contrast the overlay color.

Attached you’ll see the issue I’m having with the spacing, which offsets all of the portfolio items… (I now tried in Chrome and see what you’re seeing. Seems to be an issue with Firefox…) Though why are some images different heights? Shouldn’t the portfolio automatically crop them to fill the correct size once I set the item size to “normal” or “wide”?

Thanks,

Avraham

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    filmdust

One more thing, on the bottom of a portfolio item (http://filmdust.tv/portfolio/side-by-side-achieving-together/), how do I get rid of the “related projects”, I don’t want them showing…

David Martin – Support

Great, no problem!

2) Looks like you have changed the layout away from this now. If you wanted to the previous layout, could you set up a test page so we can look into that?

3) Changing the text color also, is not possible via the options. You can use a little CSS, but it’s not possible to easily target one particular item to change the color for, rather it changes the colors for all items.

Ex:

figure.animated-overlay figcaption * {
        color: red;
    }

6) Please use this CSS:

section.related-projects {
        display: none;
    }

Thanks.

filmdust

I reset the layout to the way it was with the gap. Check it out.

I don’t know where to add custom css. Can you tell me where I add custom css? sorry for the dumb questions, I’m totally new to WordPress…

Thanks,

Avraham

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can add the css in the Theme options-> Custom css.
    Will forward to David so he can check the other issue.

-Rui

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register