Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    Kraver

Very strange. It has been a while since I got a chance to work on my site. When I finished with all the portfolios for the homepage, all under the same category, I went to pages and selected the Frontpage. I picked the category of Design in Print, Web & Video, instead of all, from the drop down menu. I saved and visited the page. None of my photos are showing up now. This doesn’t make sense. Did I miss something? They showed up when all was selected. Thank you.

Kelly

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please provide me correct admin login detail.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Kraver
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please check all the portfolio of Design in Print, Web & Video category. Just get the list here http://www.kellyannraverdesign.com/wp/wp-admin/edit.php?portfolio-category=design-in-print-web-and-video&post_type=portfolio. You need to set the thumbnail image to each portfolio. I picked another categories and found it working. Thats mean, the issue with only with category. Trash the portfolio one by one of this list http://www.kellyannraverdesign.com/wp/wp-admin/edit.php?portfolio-category=design-in-print-web-and-video&post_type=portfolio and check for issue. in this way, you can find problematic portfolio item of this category.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Kraver

So, I need to essentially remove and start over going backwards? I do not understand th link you sent. It goes to posts and there are none. What do you mean I need to set the thumbnail image to each portfolio? I am not understanding your instructions. Thanks.

Kelly

Kraver

I went back starting from the top, and took each one, one by one out of the category. I checked and seen after each removal if it would display. I got all the way to the bottom of my list and none of them displayed. I now have everything unchecked. except for one, so I could check the last one- I had to put a portfolio back into the category in order to have something to check against. Why when all the portfolios are in the category and you display all categories on the page, does it show all my portfolio images, but when I just pick that category non of my images show up? If it had to do with one of the portfolios in the category being screwed up, when I removed the portfolios one by one, then eventually I would have come to the culprot. I did not. I am going to go back and re-check all the portfolios to go back into the category again. There has to be a different reason these are not showing up. Even if it was a thumbnail problem, by eliminating portfolios and checking to see if the homepage displayed one by one, I should have found which portfolio was the problem.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think this is related of you only have 1 Portfolio item in that category. I tried with App Design and it works fine.

Try to add a few more Portfolio items to that category and try again.

-Rui

Kraver

I just explained why I only have one portfolio item in the category. Our posts crossed as we were sending them. please see my last post. I will fix that now.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I replied at the same time that you did so I didn’t saw that reply.
    guess it needs a minimum of items to be able to do the grid effect.

-Rui

Kraver

Give me a minute. I have almost added them all in again. This still does not explain why it doesn’t show up when I only want to display one category to the page. I have test removed each portfolio from the category and none of them showed up.

Kraver

They are all added back. There has to be another reason.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

You are right, the problem is the category name because of the , and &

Those characters cause problems in the jQuery to display the grid.

Try to change it to this and it will work.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6utjrevvlg2nj4/Screenshot%202015-08-05%2015.25.42.png?dl=0

-Rui

Kraver

That is a simple fix. Let me think for a few minutes of how to reword it and I will test your theory out. Thank you.

Kelly

Kraver

No, I changed the category to the word design and the individual category is still not showing up.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please check your server log about this error detail. It seems memory limit issue. Methods for increasing the amount of memory a PHP script may consume

1. If you have access to your install and are running a version of WordPress earlier than

3.0, try the plugin
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/memory-bump/ as this is the easiest way to increase

your RAM for WordPress.

2. If you have access to your PHP.ini file, change the line in PHP.ini
    If your line shows 32M try 64M. If your line shows 64M try 128M
    memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

3. If you don’t have access to PHP.ini try adding this to an .htaccess file:
    php_value memory_limit 64M

4. Try adding this line to your wp-config.php file:
    Increasing memory allocated to PHP
    define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’);

5. Talk to your host.

Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register