New Landing How can we help? General Feedback & Suggestions Please include a list of changed files in the changelogs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    jennmattern

I frequently have to come back here whenever a new update is pushed to ThemeForest to ask for a list of changed files in Pinpoint and Flexform. This information used to be given in the changelog.

Can we please get that information added again? It doesn’t seem to be included in the latest versions downloaded from TF today. I’m not sure what the point of a changelog is if we’re not able to see what’s actually being changed. For those of us who run updates manually because of early customizations, it’s impossible to work without that info.

If you have a file list and can post it here, that’s great. But in the future, it would be awesome if this was included with the changelog files again.

Thank you.

David Martin – Support

@jennmattern – will pass this feedback to the lead developer.

To access to the support forums in the future you will need to renew your support license, information on how to do this is available here: http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/how-to-purchase-a-support-extension/.

Thanks.

jennmattern

Thank you.

And I have no intention of renewing a support license w/ TF just to get proper changelog details. I’m already in the process of redesigning the sites on other themes, moving away from all ThemeForest products (I have no tolerance for any company changing policies after one-off purchases have been made — and yes, I know that wasn’t Swift’s decision).

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Renewing the support license is not related to viewing the changlog, you can always view that and get updates regardless of what TF does next…

Thanks.

pdupree

I’m in the process of changing to a theme provider that does provide the details of files changing on updates. Critical for my work.

jennmattern

“Renewing the support license is not related to viewing the changlog, you can always view that and get updates regardless of what TF does next…”

That’s my point. I shouldn’t have to renew a support license through TF just to access the forums here (which you noted I would need to do) to ask for proper changelog information every time there’s an update. I didn’t come here to ask for support w/ the theme — just the info that should be in the changelog, which I already have access to, in the first place.

David Martin – Support

Hi, as mentioned I’ll pass your feedback on so more detailed info is contained within th future changelog.

Unfortunately, we are also at the mercy of TF.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register