New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante PHP Fatal error in new 2.13 Version

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    brianleejackson

I have upgraded to new 2.13 version and am running WordPress 3.8.1.
    Whenever I got to update/publish a post it simply times out and I get this in the error log…

PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /……/wp-content/themes/dante/swift-framework/sf-functions.php on line 198, referer:

This just started happening after the upgrade of new theme.

Thanks!

photton

I have same problem. Dante v 2.01. After refresh, it’s OK. But on first load there is this bug.

Thank you

brianleejackson

Yes, after further testing it appears to happen only on posts… pages are fine. Hopefully that helps track down the issue.

ielbury

This seems to be a problem with version 2.2.0 of the oAuth Twitter Feed for Developers plugin. You need to go back to version 2.1.4 which can be downloaded here.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting that @ielbury – fix in the next update to stop the error from showing with this version.

– Ed

brianleejackson

I have upgraded to new version of theme today and also reverted to old version of oAuth Twitter Feed… still getting complete timeout 502 gateway when updating a post… pages updates fine. Started occurring after going to 2.13 version.

brianleejackson

Ok, well my problem turned out to be something different… I narrowed it down to the Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin… That is what was causing the timeouts and 502. I’ll try reinstalling it, otherwise I’ll just leave disabled.

ielbury

Hey Brian,

Your original post stated that you were getting a PHP Fatal Error and you did not mention the 502 error. 502 errors are usually related to a proxy or load balancer problem … i.e. a communication problem.

Based on the information you are providing, It looks to me like you may have two separate issues:

1) A communication problem (502 error)
    2) A faulty plugin (PHP Fatal Error)

Some suggestions:

– Is your WordPress install behind a load balancer or reverse proxy?
    – Is this is a hosted WordPress install? If so your provider may be having a problem?
    – Are your twitter credentials ok? Twitter also uses load balancers/reverse proxies?

Hope this helps as I know the SwiftIdea guys are likely catching some zzzz’s right now.

brianleejackson

Sorry yes, the two issues were unrelated… You can see my post above with what it turned out to be. I will check my error logs to see if reverting to old oAuth plugin fixed the error. But yes, turns out both are unrelated.

Thanks for taking the time to post back ielbury! 🙂

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thank you ielbury!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register