New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante PB with swift framework recents comments widget

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    rely27

There is problem with swift framework recents comments widget, the publication date is showing “10 month ago” but the comment was post just lately…

Also how do we choose how does the comments widget appear wether there are the share buttons or not ?
    (see captures) they are different on the main page and for posts right now …

rely27

Ok I’ve found the problem, I believe this is because my server is set with an american formatted date while my general setting in wordpress was set (as I would like) with a european formatted date…

I just sent message to my hosting but wonder if from your side you’d know how to change the date format ?

Thanks,
    Keep it up the good work !

rely27

Well actually that’s acting really weird, on this page it’s showing 2 days ago for all last comments

http://www.la-thailande-et-l-asie.com/2014/blog-voyages/comment-se-deplacer-en-thailande/

And on this page for example it’s showing 2 hours ago for all the same latest comments…

http://www.la-thailande-et-l-asie.com/2013/blog-voyages/15-choses-a-ne-pas-faire-en-thailande/

Other thing is that i’ve translated it, if the ago is indeed translated, the date/time still appear in english…

rely27

On the main page it is showing “44 years ago” seems that the famous generic computer date of 1st January 1970 is the date there, how is that possible that I got different numbers on every posts/pages ??

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, what does your hosting company say about that? It must be a discrepancy between their date and WordPress.

rely27

Hi, well I copy their answer :

I am sorry that you are having this issue. From looking, the cause of this issue may be related to your chosen theme. As an example this company has provided a way to modify the comment date and time format for their themes:
    http://themify.me/docs/modifying-post-date-format-and-comment-date-and-time-format

This may not be exactly what you have in your theme, but it is a start. Also you could try contacting the developer of the theme that you are using to see if they have any suggestions on getting this corrected.

I’m not sure if they are confused about just the format, because I think the problem is not only about “format” as it changes on every page (if it was only a format related problem so it would be the same numbers on every pages but it is not…)

Melanie – SUPPORT

Does the date work if you switch to the default themes that come with WordPress?
    If they work, it might be a discrepancy between the hosting and the theme. If it doesn’t work, it’s a hosting issue.

Cheers

rely27

For some reasons it seems to work on posts but not pages…

“Good news” by the way but the translation is now fully working.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Can you try switching to the default wordpress theme and see if the date works there ?.

-Tahir

rely27

I think it’s a discrepancy between the hosting and the theme as it works on my test site (on a different hosting)… But as stated the problem only occured for pages, not posts…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

We use this WordPress function – http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_comment_date

Nothing is hard-coded, so unfortunately there isn’t something we can change on the theme to sort it for you. Hopefully your host gets to the bottom of it. Double check your date format in the WordPress settings?

– Ed

rely27

I had a look already, I’m just really confused because don’t get the logic why it’s showing different numbers in post or page, actually both wrong for the widget while in a post itself comment date is showing correctly… that’s so weird…

rely27

I have to set american format Y/m/d in order for the comments date to be correct… it’s a bit annoying…

rely27

Is there a way to trick the american date set in the general setting of wordpress so that the timestamp is still correct but the date appear in european format d/m/Y ? not sure if it’s clear… thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I don’t think so, nor do I think that’s probably the best way to go about it, should be fixed at the source really!

Has your host not managed to resolved it?

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register