New Landing How can we help? Atelier Password Reset email taking me back to Request Password Reset Page!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Katie Sutton

Please help – since recent updates my password reset link in their password reset emails just takes the user back to the page to request a password reset! All of my plugins are up to date etc. The link has a key in it but then when it is opened in the browser it is redirecting (I typed it in manually to be sure – see screenshot). Please help if you can! TIA!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Katie Sutton

Sadly, I can’t figure out how to edit my post so I guess I will go back in the queue. But I have more info and I think it’s useful enough that I should get back in line 🙂

This problem has something to do with the latest WooCommerce update, 2.6.2. When I revert to 2.6.1, the problem goes away. So I suspect it’s a theme conflict. The changelog for Woo 2.6.2 https://woocommerce.wordpress.com/2016/06/30/woocommerce-2-6-2-fix-release-notes/ discusses a change to the password reset process and there must be something going on that is preventing it from working correctly on my site; specifically: “We’ve made the password reset process redirect to the form and set a cookie containing the reset token and username to prevent password tokens being leaked via the page’s referer headers.”
    On my site, the reset token link IS being properly sent as per the PHP template, but then it disappears when I click the link — it redirects the user to the Lost Password page again (lost-password reset=true).

I reverted to 2.6.1 because my site is live and active with 2000 club members, but I’d love to be able to upgrade to 2.6.2 with your help. Thanks very much in advance, Katie

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Have you tested with the default theme enabled? Like Twenty Fifteen?

Go to WooCommerce > System status, if there is no outdated files warning then it’s not an issue with the theme

– Kyle

AhmednHussein

I have the same issue, Anyone found fix for that?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please test with Twenty Fifteen enabled and let me know if the issue remains

– Kyle

Katie Sutton

Hello
    I finally had a chance to test with the 2016 theme enabled (bit hard to test on a live commerce site since I can’t put up a construction page due to nature of what I’m testing). The only change I made was upgrading the Woo version to 2.6.4 and this password loop issue persists. Was hoping Woo updates would help but it seems to happen with any version past 2.6.1 so have been sticking with that version since July. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Katie

Katie Sutton

Oh hmmm… occurs to me that if it happens with 2016 it’s not your theme’s issue. I’ll have to chase Woo folks… wish me luck on that!

Kyle – SUPPORT

So you still got the issue with TwentySixteen enabled? You should contact the WooCommerce support team about the issue as it’s related to their plugin

– Kyle

Katie Sutton

Update on this for anyone else: My host, WPEngine, needed to “Whitelist” appropriate pages from being cached too heavily such that this loop was being created. If you have WPEngine and you are having this problem, contact them to help you.

David Martin – Support

Thanks for reporting this back Katie.

– David.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register