New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Parallax Video does not play

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    sureshk5a

Hi,

I recently bought the Dante theme and it’s really great. I’m pretty much a novice with WordPress but I think it’s quite a responsive and user friendly theme.

I do, however, have a small problem. I’ve chosen to go with Home- Naked as my front page style and I’ve chosen to go with a video of my own to be the main parallax video instead of the theme created’crafted’ one. After the upload, the video doesn’t show up in the main page. In the media library page, unlike the crafted one, there is no picture of the video in the thumbnail. It’s just a generic video icon as a placeholder with the name of the video in the library. I’m guessing that’s because it’s not the right format and that is why Dante is not playing it on the main page.

I’m using mp4 and it is a small file. Is there a different codec I should use to create the video? Should the video size be smaller than 5 mb? Mine was 12 mb. I’ve even tried short samples from the envato site and uploaded up to the site to test but it doesn’t work. It was successfully uploaded but does not play the file when viewed form the main site or am pretty sure the theme does not recognize it because the thumbnail icon is just a placeholder instead a picture of the video itself. I’ve included a screenshot of the media library as an attachment. Please see the upper left corner for the videos.

Either way, I would really appreciate some help on this as I have created some videos for the parallax portion for display and a lot of the site theme is tied to that. I’m pretty sure I’m not doing something right or my codec or format for the video is wrong. If this problem has been addressed elsewhere on the site, I tried looking for it first but am really sorry, I couldn’t locate it.

Thanks in advance.

sureshk5a

Small Update, I’ve also tried uploading your own Dante_slide_vidH264.mp4 file and the original crafted video from the main since it definitely works in the demo and in the site. But they don’t work here. It wasn’t able to be play them and are just generic icons in the library.

Please see attachment.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

What browser are you using? You’ll need to upload a different format to cover all browsers. You can see which browsers support what formats here – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_video#Browser_support

– Ed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register