New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Paragraphs in faq-text – getting stripped?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    dekkydog

Hi there,
    just been updating my clients faq’s using the FAQ custom post type.

Only just noticed but it seems that you cannot have paragraphs within the ‘.faq-text’ class. For some reason the <p> tags get stripped from the WP ‘Visual Editor? – I have checked this in Firebug.

You can hack it by manually putting in <p> tags inside the WP ‘Text editor’ but to keep things easy for my client I only allow them to use the WP ‘Visual editor’.

Try it yourself in your demo site ONLY using the WP ‘Visual Editor’. You will see what I mean.

Q) How can this be resolved?

Many thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please attach screenshot to indicate your issue and provide me specific page url with issue to check and find any solution.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

dekkydog
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please use p tag to make paragraph always. While you are using line break that is not right. You can check the Paragraph test? now.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

dekkydog

Hi Mohammad,
    thanks for looking but I think you missed a crucial point from my previous message above:

” …to keep things easy for my client I only allow them to use the WP ‘Visual editor’…”. I don’t allow my client to use any sort of code for simplicity. I cannot ask them to start adding in <p> tags (As simple as you think this might be?)

I think you might be incorrect about “Line Breaks”. I’m sure the default behavior for the WP Visual editor is to wrap <p> tags around text when breaking to a new line. You can do this in ANY other Visual editor screen throughout wordpress. You can also verify this by checking in firebug!

I could do with a solution here to allow the DEFAULT WP VISUAL EDITOR BEHAVIOR when using standard line breaks?

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please add this code at functions.php of child theme.

add_filter ('the_content',  'wpautop',9999);
    add_filter ('comment_text', 'wpautop',999);

Thanks
    Mohammad

dekkydog

Hi Mohammad,
    perfect ๐Ÿ™‚

Many thanks for your excellent support.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. thanks Mohammad

-Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register