New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood PAGE TITLE WON'T GO AWAY

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    dopeoranges

Hey guys,

I’m trying to remove the page titles from the theme. I found the option within the page, but every time I uncheck it and hit update, it doesn’t make the changes. Same thing applies to the breadcrumbs.

Please help! Much appreciated!

dopeoranges

NEVERMIND. Had to re-created the page… kinda annoying though, thanks!

dopeoranges

Actually. No, it’s not working for the shop page. I deselect the page title from the page and it makes no changes. I tried searching the forum but all the replies are either marked private or there’s no clear cut response for this issue.

evs

Hi dopeoranges

I had this problem on some pages too. Some pages would not save the Page Meta data for Page Title, Sidebars, etc.

The only solution for me was to recreate all the pages that were affected and delete the old ones. Incredibly frustrating, I know.

Good luck,
    Elliot

howardhope

Re creating a page should not be the solution. Can anyone from Swift please give a us a more tangible solution to this?

howardhope

Everytime i deselect show page title and save the show page view is selected again after save.

evs

@howardhope – no, it is not a real solution. It is a workaround until there is a solution. I thought I’d share how I dealt with it, that’s all.

howardhope

sorry eve, was not directing anything at you, i know that you guys are providing helpful work arounds. i was mentioning it in hope that the developers could provide us with a solution. As i see on your post there has been no feed back from their side regarding this issue.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, removing the old pages and creating new ones is the only solution at this time.
    Users who switched from one theme to another will experience problems since it’s not easy to switch from one whole website layout to another with all the features and functions removed and added newly. That will cause issues and have downsides, and this is one of them.

Cheers

howardhope

I think it would be a good i idea to warn people before they go ahead and purchase the theme then about this.

howardhope

Guys i have got a work around going for this problem. If you change your permalink structure from one setting to another then the meta will update and start saving. You can then change it back to the structure you originally had set for your site and the meta will update and save. I have managed to do this and remove the heading text and turn on and turn off the side bars.

evs

Interesting find @howardhope, well done!

howardhope

Unfortunately it seems that it only worked once and was on a time frame which is weird 😛 it unfortunately won’t let you save again after a couple of saves and then no matter what you do with the permalinks its not going to save again. sorry for the false hope…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@howardhope – can you confirm if this is only on pages that you already had before the theme was installed?

We’ve tried on many occasions to replicate this, and have been unable to. It’s something we are aware of.

Unfortunately it’s not possible for the meta options to work on the shop page, as WooCommerce replaces the page with an archive layout.

If you’d like to remove all page titles from your site, then you can do so with the following custom css:

.page-heading { display: none!important; }

– Ed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register