New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante page heading hidden messes up content below

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    buddyq

I have this page which has .page-heading-hidden. Not sure why the page is saying the title should be hidden, perhaps there is setting in my plugin which shows the properties. I can look. However, the content looks like it is sucked up under the header and now allowing the page to show completely.

I don’t have any control of showing or hiding the title on this page as far as I know since it is dynamically generated. So I’m not sure why the title is hidden in the first place. But if it is hidden, then it seems it should still all be visible.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please check through your Page meta settings. You have marked Hidden Page heading.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

buddyq

Hi guys, I believe the problem is that there are NO Meta options showing and available when creating these neighborhoods.
    This is a custom post type and you can see the “Meta Options” is blank. Which I think is the problem. I can’t set them!

Is there a programmatic way I can add the SF Meta options to my custom post type from the child theme?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Which is the new custom post type? We can try to make page meta for custom post through parent theme only.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

buddyq

Hi Mohamed, I’m not sure I understand your reply. My site uses a few custom post types. The one I want it on are:

hji_areas

It would be nice to just extend the code so any could be added in the child theme.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

You would need to work with a web developer to achieve this modification as it can be complex.

Broadly speaking, you will need to open the file dante/swift-framework/meta-boxes.php. There you will see all the meta options, each within an array.

For each array, you will see this 'pages' => array( 'post', 'portfolio' ), that is where you would add your custom post type name if you wanted the options within that array to appear.

This currently cannot be overwritten in a child theme for Dante.

Full web developer docs are here: https://metabox.io/docs/.

Cheers,
    David.

buddyq

Hey guys, I got this figured out.

I went to wp-includes/template.php file and saw it looks for:
    if ( $pagename ) $templates[] = "page-$pagename.php";

so I created a template called “page-idx-listing.php” with my options hardwired.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Brilliant! I am glad that you managed to resolve the issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

buddyq

I am renewing this topic. It’s been awhile but the page is not looking right and I think it should.

So on my homepage you can see the issue. http://www.thequaidgroup.com

The content is under the header. It seems to me, if I choose not to show the page title that the content should just start after the header. Not sure why it doesn’t. I don’t want to be hacky and I want it to look correct in both mobile and desktop.

I really don’t want to have to have the title for homepage show up as I think that is unprofessional looking.

Please let me know what the best way to fix this is. I’m afraid that I’m going to just receive some CSS fixes. However, I want to know what is the correct way. Is this the way it should display without a title?? Doesn’t seem right.

Thanks.

buddyq

I have to add to this issue. I have been trying to troubleshoot further. The homepage looks okay now but the rest of the pages on the site that use a title do not look good. The title is huge. I notice in the code inspector that a style for padding-top is being added directly to the element. Why is this? Where does this value come from? If I change this value to padding-top:40px in the inspector the page looks as expected.

I have attached a screenshot of the curious code. You can see how huge the title is in the image.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

The code you added above is a core WP function. You should never edit the core WP files.

On this listing I see this:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register