New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Page Builder duplicates

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @mansp,

Apologies for the quality of the replies above, and the time it has taken to get you a solid answer – I will be following this up.

The automatic product short description is part of the standard WooCommerce functionality. I’ve attached a zip that if you unzip and add the “woocommerce” folder to your child theme, it should resolve the issue by stopping that text begin output there. If not, let me know and I’ll check it out.

Have to say, I really like what you’ve done with the theme!

– Ed

mansp

Thank you so much! Will try immediately. Haven’t dived into the css yet, but will be glad to notice you about the result when we are ready to launch ๐Ÿ™‚

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Be sure to let us know when it’s ready ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks,

– Ed

mansp

This didn’t solve the problem at all… ๐Ÿ™ I don’t want all the page builder content being copied to “Product short description” on the bottom of “edit product”-pages. That’s were the problem is. If it’s posible i even would like to delete the whole field “product shrot description” since it is only causing me problems. Thank you!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @mansp,

As I said, it’s not possible to do that – WooCommerce controls that, it’s part of the plugin and they set it to copy across (to save users time). The theme has no control over this. The fix I provided was to stop it from showing on your product pages.

If it’s something you’d like to override, you’d need to ask their support on how to do so.

– Ed

mansp

But why on earth would you like to have two copies of the same thing? Do you mean I have to manually delete everything in “Product short description”, the custom field your theme added, every single time I want to change everything in the Page builder? Seems really strange…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I think the idea behind it is that if you don’t have any content in there, then WooCommerce copies a certain number of characters there, for the “excerpt”.

That Product Short Description meta box isn’t added by the theme, it’s added by WooCommerce.

– Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register