New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Override swift-framework

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    evs

Hi

Is it possible to override individual swift-framework files in my child theme, much like WordPress/WooCommerce inheritance works?

For example, I can override a woocommerce template from the Neighborhood default templates by creating one in my child theme, however I don’t seem to be able to do the same with swift-framework files.

I could overwrite the define('SF_FRAMEWORK_PATH', SF_INCLUDES_PATH . '/swift-framework'); call in my own functions.php, but I’d rather just override individual files rather than including the entire swift-framework dir in my child theme.

Any thoughts?

Elliot

evs

I’m bumping this because it’s been pushed back to the third page already.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hey, a little something about our forum:
    We work from oldest reply to latest reply, so if you keep your thread busy before we get to look at it, you will be pushed back at the end of our to-do list.
    Especially if you bump it on the same day. It can take up to a few days until we get back to you.

Yes you can potentially replace every file via a child theme if you take care of the several other files the file might be called from.

If in doubt, consider the help of a developer.
    Cheers

evs

Thanks Melanie. I’ll take that answer as a no! I’m already rewriting the paths to use my child theme’s sf_framework_path successfully however it would have been nice to make use of similar override functionality to WordPress/Woocommerce.

I am a developer by the way, just looking for more elegant solutions 🙂

Melanie – SUPPORT

Ah I see, good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register