Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    jeaux

Loving this theme. This is my first experience with WordPress, and I’m loving every step of the journey.

I’ve found that when I enter new entries into the FAQ, they go to the top of the list rather than the bottom. I would prefer that they descend according to the order they were posted. How would I go about re-ordering these?

Note: I am exceptionally new at this. I looked up a similar question for the Neighborhood theme, and it mentioned accessing code on this page: /includes/swift-framework/page-builder/lib/shortcodes/faqs.php

Once there, I’d tweak line 18: $cat_args = array(‘taxonomy’ => ‘faqs-category’, ‘orderby’ => ‘id’, ‘order’ => ‘ASC’);

How do you access this PHP page? I tried it in the browser, I added it onto my URL… I’m pretty sure this is a super-newbie question, but once I’m pointed in the right direction I can begin to learn the rest on my own.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You can edit or access this file through FTP software at /wp-content/dante/includes/swift-framework/page-builder/lib/shortcodes/faqs.php. Let me know your feedback.

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

jeaux

Alright, I’ve found the file, and I changed line 18 to what I found in the other topic: $cat_args = array(‘taxonomy’ => ‘faqs-category’, ‘orderby’ => ‘id’, ‘order’ => ‘ASC’);

However, once I did this, the FAQ page now only has the topics that came with the demo site. And what’s more, these topics have no questions or answers listed under them. At the top of the page it says the number of questions each topic has, but does not list them anywhere.

So what code should be placed in this faqs.php, for the Dante theme, that will allow my questions to be arranged in descending order, newest being added to the bottom?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please delete demo FAQs categories to get your current FAQs.
    Thanks

jeaux

Thanks, now my current self-made FAQs are showing. However I’m still at a loss on how to given them a certain order. At the moment, they seem to be all mixed up. None are in the order I made them. How can I give these FAQs a custom order, specifically oldest at the top, and newest added to the bottom?

Melanie – SUPPORT

Can you try the plugin Post Types Order?

mogelinas

Hi,

I had the same problem and Post Types Order plugin worked for me.

Cheers!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I am glad that you managed to resolve the issue.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register