New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Optimize site loading Mobile/pc & Choppy scroll

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    huntingensemble

Hi Guys,

This is a follow up on this thread

Im experiencing that my website is scrolling very choppy on iPhone/iPad. The images are not large (max. 200kb), and webready I’ve tested it on multiple phones with 3G and wifi, same problem.

Besides that the loading time is quite long (especially on mobile devices) I allready did all most every tip mentioned here: http://wp.tutsplus.com/tutorials/10-quick-tips-optimizing-speeding-up-your-wordpress-site/

On advise from Ed i’ve installed WordPress Minify (which you are also using on the demo). But it tottally wipes out the css of the theme.

I’ve tested every plugin I’ve got intstalled which may interfear with WordPress Minify but nothing changes. Because the complexity of the Neigborhood theme I think there have to be done some modifications with the setup..

Can you give any advise/help with the setup of this plugin?
    Much appreciated.

Best. Joost

huntingensemble
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

Can you post up your website URL please? Thank you!

huntingensemble
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, can you deactivate all your plugins and let us know if that improves anything? Maybe a plugin conflict.

huntingensemble

Hi Melanie,

With tested I mean I deactivated every plugin just what was suggested by you in this thread.

I can’t seem to get it work.

Help appreciated! Thanks
    Joost

KennethJ

Hi Joost (and others)

There’s no doubt that this theme is really slow loading. IMO the best (but also most time consuming) would be to rewrite much of it. I don’t think that’s ever going to happen from the developers, so actually I’m considering to pay another developer for optimize it.

-Kenneth

huntingensemble

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for your message.

Theme is not that slow if you ask me but when I do a Google Speed Test it can be optimized at some points. For example the WP Minify plugin could do a lot with CSS and JS scripts…

Ed told me that they use Minify in the demo version (which loads pretty good) but for some reason it doesn’t work on my site, it totally wipes out the css of the theme.

My question is if someone can provide a set-up/configuration of the Minify plugin that works with the theme…

Thanks in advance and Thanks for your comment on this Kenneth.

Best
    Joost

clickboutique

Hello all,

I’d be really interested to see what the folks at Swift have to say in regard to this topic. The site we’re working on currently is also having some slow-loading issues, even with WP Minify.

Looking forward to further responses!

//Andrew

huntingensemble

Hi All,

I put my developer on this and he was busy all morning trying to get it working. But there is to much CSS customization need to get WP minify working on this theme… Im curious how Swift themes got it working on the theme… Maybe they can but their setup online in a printscreen?!

I found a good alternative: http://wordpress.org/plugins/autoptimize/

Installed it and it didn’t break the styling. Not sure how good it performs on speed test, will do a test tomorrow to see if it has any effect…

Cheers.
    J

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi J,

I didn’t see any problem at the moment, so did that got solved? If you still having any issues let us know. We use this plugin in the demo: http://wordpress.org/plugins/bwp-minify/

Thanks for your co-operation and patience over this period when we spend holidays, we wish that you too had a great holiday. 🙂

Thanks,
    laranz.

huntingensemble

Hi Laranz,

No Autoptimize will also conflict with the theme, CSS gets messed up (big fonts) en Javascript (like carousel slider) doesn’t work anymore.

I know you guys use wp-minify but it doesn’t work on my installation (i’ve tested it with my developer) so my questions is still… How did you guys managed to get it work on the demo version? Can you please provide more info?

Thanks in advance.
    Best
    Joost

Melanie – SUPPORT

I will assign this to the developer!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@KennethJ – I’m keen to know what you think needs re-writing? Also, not sure it’s fair to say that it’s slow loading. None of the scripts are there without need to be, and we’ve optimised throughout the theme. With good hosting and correct use of plugins, caching – it’s super quick, just like our demo.

@Joost
    – We use the standard plugin settings. If you use revolution slider, then make sure that you have set the JS to load in the footer (in the global settings). Unfortunately we can’t guarantee compatibility with all plugins, as a lot of the time, plugin developers load their scripts incorrectly.

– Ed

huntingensemble

@Swift Ideas – Ed Thanks for this Ed, I think there was a conflict with Revolution Slider. I’ve set JS load to footer and it works like a charm! Thanks again! This topic is resolved!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register