Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Steve

hej dante!

thanks a lot for a wonderful wp theme!

i’d like to implement additionally another one-page-nav โ€“ similar to bootstrap 3.0 (http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/) โ€“ which is less design but better for orientation on larger documentation pages.

is there a way to use the implemented one-page-nav in a widget for example via shortcode?
    (i would just switch some css in that case.)

what is your recommendation?

thanks in advance for your support!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You could create the menu as you normally would, with the smooth scroll links, then add the custom menu widget to the sidebar of the page with the anchor links

– Kyle

Steve

ok, this way the position is my friend but the selected highlight coming with functions.js is of course missing. yes, the whole procedure from functions.js is way too big, but the current section highlight is the kick. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    how can is get this going?

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’m afraid you can’t highlight the current section, you would need to add additional code to the files. If you need this functionality then I recommend hiring a developer

– Kyle

Steve

ok, kyle.
    isn’t it ‘just’ to move the one-page-nav from footer.php to the right sidebar in page.php and stop the one page in functions.js from positioning itself and yes echo the ‘+linkName+’ somewhere inside the li?
    by the way, do i have to edit the functions.js in the original theme location or will it be overwritten in the child? (at child / or at child /js/)
    thanks for your hints!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Did you say you wanted to use an additional plugin? Have you tested to see if it causes conflict with our code?

– Kyle

Steve

no. no additional plugin.

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’m afraid what your asking for is an advanced customisation which unfortunately due to time and the amount of support to get through, we can’t support for it. We can only support for bugs and basic theme customisations.

– Kyle

Steve

ok. is the nested question also an advanced topic?
    do i have to edit the functions.js in the original theme location or will it be overwritten in the child? (at child / or at child /js/)

Kyle – SUPPORT

Editing any JS will need to be done in the parent theme, including your own JS can be in the child theme as long as it is called in your functions.php file

– Kyle

Steve

thanxx, kyle!

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

– Kyle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.