New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Punch Notice: Undefined variable

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Posted in: Punch
    surfingonrails

I am getting some odd errors for this theme.

Portfolio – Standard

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ” (ASCII=8) state=0 in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/includes/sf-functions.php on line 204

Notice: Undefined variable: item_client in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/single-portfolio.php on line 36

Notice: Undefined variable: thumb_image in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/single-portfolio.php on line 103

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/footer.php on line 8

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/footer.php on line 13

In the wp-admin, I also see this error “Warning: Unexpected character in input: ” (ASCII=8) state=0 in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/includes/sf-functions.php on line 204″

If I switch to another theme on the site, the errors disappear.

Please advise. Thank you.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I have resolved the issue so please check it now.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

surfingonrails

Hi Mohammad,

What did you do to fix the issue? Will it still be fixed the next time I upgrade the theme?

surfingonrails

I just checked the site and the errors are still displayed.

Portfolio – Standard

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/footer.php on line 8

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/footer.php on line 13

Portfolio – Standard

Notice: Undefined variable: item_client in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/single-portfolio.php on line 36

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please open to edit wp-config.php at wordpress root installation directory.

Find this code:-
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    Change to-:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Mohammad

surfingonrails

Hello Mohammed,

I have gone through this twice now. The error is still showing up on the site.

WP_DEBUG is already set to false and the site is still showing the error. Please check the site to make sure the change you have given works and then let me know how you fix the issue. Thanks.

/**
    * For developers: WordPress debugging mode.
    * Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development.
    * It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG
    * in their development environments.
    */
    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);

http://montessoristars.com/ shows the following errors:

Portfolio – Standard

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please talk to your hosting provider to hide these notices.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Just added in preventions for these issues – please try the attached build and let us know.

– Ed

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    surfingonrails

Hello Ed,

I installed the patch. The two files edited were footer.php and single-portfolio.php.

Unfortunately, the notice is still shown on the site.

1) http://montessoristars.com/

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/footer.php on line 10

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/footer.php on line 18

2) http://montessoristars.com/?portfolio=contact-us

Notice: Undefined variable: thumb_image in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/single-portfolio.php on line 104

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/footer.php on line 10

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/footer.php on line 18

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Just a doubt, did you cleared the browser cache and any cache from plugins?
    Thanks

-Rui

surfingonrails

Hello Rui,

Thanks. Yes, I cleared my cache and did a force reload.

Also, I even tried a different browser in private mode and it still shows the notices.

Portfolio – Standard

Notice: Undefined variable: thumb_image in /home/montessoristars/public_html/wp-content/themes/punch/single-portfolio.php on line 104

What is really bad is that on a mobile device, it just shows the error at the top and you have to scroll to see the rest of the site.

Please help!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Is it possible to provide us ftp access to check it further?
    Thanks

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Have you set the blog & portfolio pages in the Theme Options?

– Ed

surfingonrails

Hello Rui,

The error is still occurring on the site.

Here is the FTP info:

FTP
    http://ftp.montessoristars.com
    username: mstarsftp
    password: Swift-Ideas-2014

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
    Shailen

David Martin – Support

Hey,

Following @Ed’s advice, “Have you set the blog & portfolio pages in the Theme Options?” will resolve this issue.

I have tested this and confirmed it, if you do not have a blog or portfolio you want to link to, please still select and page and save the options.

In your case, not having anything selected for both those options caused the errors. An options must be set, I’ll pass this back to Ed for a future update.

Cheers,
    David.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register