New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Not all categories showing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    derestricted

Hi,
    First of all great theme!

Question 1:
    DO you know why when you click categories in the blog aux options on this page below the slider it is only showing a fraction of the categories?

Latest

Question 2:
    How can I remove the tags link in blog aux options, because I only use Catagories nowadays. Alternatively, if you know a plugin which can automatically scan past posts and ad tags, i guess I could leave the link.

CHeers

derestricted

ok, I fixed half of this. I tried editing:
    $category_list = wp_list_categories(‘sort_column=name&title_li=&depth=1&number=70&echo=0&show_count=1’);

in sf-blog.php . It shows more but not all of the categories.

derestricted

ok, i see this is due to depth=1, but if I make depth=2 the whole thing becomes an unformatted mess. I have a lot of sub categories, so I maybe need to just restructure my site to make it work.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Yes you would need to add css in order to make it work like you want it I’m afraid

tangent24

I have the opposite issue…too many Blog Aux categories are showing up. I don’t want all of them to be visible…simply the ones that have been selected within the pagebuilder options. We use two different types of posts on the site — one for news, one for writing, another for videos — and currently all of the categories show up in that expandable menu (including New, News, Videos — see screen capture) , which is confusing for site visitors.

Please advise.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Can you post up the URL to a page where this is happening so I can check it out directly?

Thanks!

tangent24
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @tangent24

The best thing to do would be to manually hide these via custom css. If you inspect the asset, you will find the classes that reference each item.

See here – https://www.dropbox.com/s/xeaymp0p6rfq8j5/Screenshot%202013-12-18%2013.34.11.png

So you’d use this code for example:

.blog-filter-wrap ul li.cat-item-29, .blog-filter-wrap ul li.cat-item-28 {
    display: none!important;
    }

Hope that helps!

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register