New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Not able save changes in the Themes settings pannel – Error / Blank page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    JG

Since the upgrade to Cardinal 1.72 I’m unable to save changes in the Theme Options – The process ends with a blank page. I have reinstalled the template and pulled a copy of the install to another server. Same thing. It’s super important to have access to these settings – Thanks for your help solving this

JG

Sorry Team – Only one “t” in the username provided – Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

The login is not working with only 1 “t” ?

Can you check?

-Rui

JG
    This reply has been marked as private.
    JG

I’ve run a test now on the my two installs – the issue comes from the WPML String Translation module. If I deactivate it the Theme option can be changed and saved – WPML String Translations on – it ends in a blank page – can you help solve this – thanks
    As WPML String Translations are a must for the Woocommerce multilingual shop it cant remain deactivated.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Will have to forward to the development so they can reply about this.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @JG

I’ve tested here and all works fine. Have you translated any/all of the theme options values in the the String Translation plugins?

– Ed

JG

Hi Ed
    All Cardinal related strings are translated – still not working.
    I have uninstalled / reinstalled the full template again – still the same issue.
    If the WPML String translations are deactivated all the Template Options can be saved, if active not.
    You can access my backend with the password and user provided – your help to solve this is greatly appreciated

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @JG

My guess would be that if you have it translated in the WPML plugin, then you’ll need to update it there instead of in the theme options. It must be the way in which WPML overrides the option.

– Ed

JG

Hi Ed
    This has nothing to do with the translations – it is with every option that wants to be saved. For instance Maintenance mode – if you switch from on to off or the other way around you cant save it – the blank page comes up and noting is saved. Same thing with all other changes.
    I have turned all plugins on an off – it is only the WPML string translation plugin that cant be run to perform a save of changes.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hmm, ok – well as I said I’ve tested the plugin here and am able to save absolutely fine. The blank screen is usually caused by a php memory issue. Can you please enable WP_DEBUG within wp-config.php to see the error message on the blank screen?

Thanks,

– Ed

JG

I’ve added define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true ); to the wp-config file but unfortunately no error messages shows up… do you need FTP access?

JG
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @JG

Thanks, but FTP details won’t help me here. The fact that there is no error showing suggests that it’s something on the server which is erroring out – maybe a timeout of the script or something similar. Can you check your server error logs/ask your host?

– Ed

JG
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register