New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Neighborhood blog page 2 link broken. 404 error

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    icr8

Hi there,

Having issues with my blog pagination in Neighborhood.

I am using a masonry layout with no sidebars, but whenever I click the next arrow or “page 2”, it gives me a 404 error.

How do I fix this??

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please provide your link so I can test

– Kyle

icr8
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Could you please provide me with a login?

– Kyle

icr8
    This reply has been marked as private.
    laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

It is due to the permalinks, if we go to Settings -> Permalinks, and change that to default it works. So the .htaccess may didn’t saved correctly.. Backup the .htaccess file, and come to Settings -> Permalinks and hit save to regenerate the .htaccess. Did that work??

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

icr8

Hi Laranz,

Thanks for the feedback. I tried changing the permalink settings and indeed it did work, however this is not a suitable fix.

I cannot have my links change to a structure like http://www.mywebsite.com/?p=123 because it’s not search engine friendly, and would invalidate any of the links to the website that we’ve already published on social media and in printed materials.

I should also point out that the live preview of the neighborhood theme at neighborhood.swiftideas.net appears to use a “post name” permalink structure, and not the default. However the pagination works fine in the blog.

The correct operation of the blog pagination should not be dependent on using a poor permalink structure. Is there another way to fix this? I do not mind waiting for another theme update as long as the fix works properly with my current permalink structure.

Thanks.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I have changed blog page slug blog to blog-news. Because it conflicts to wordpress’s default blog slug and triggering 404 error.
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Mohammad

icr8

Thanks mohammad! That works!!

Much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You most welcome. I’m glad that issue resolved.
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Mohammad

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register