New Landing How can we help? General Feedback & Suggestions Neighborhood ALL portfolio projects link to each other with < and >

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
    lobsterass

Hi awesome developers!

I love the link to next and previous project, on each individual portfolio page.

However, I think it’s illogical for usability that mine just link to 1-3 other projects at a time. For a theme update, I think it would be better with only < and > to ALL other projects on the site – not only on a page. The user should be able to browse through the entire portfolio only by clicking these arrows.

Thanx for all your great work!

<3
    A

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Ok. Will forward this one to Ed instead the other topic.
    -Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@lobsterass – can you provide a little more info for this? Not sure exactly what you are referring to on that link?

Thanks.

– Ed

lobsterass

Hi super-Ed!

1. Sometimes portfolio titles are too long to fit here (see image) – when viewed on mobile. Then just the arrows would be great!

2. My PREVIOUS and NEXT portfolio links lead to only 1, 2 or 3 other portfolio projects. I believe the user expects to be able to click through the ENTIRE portfolio by clicking on these links.

I’ve removed my PREVOIUS + NEXT links on the individual portfolio pages like this one. But if you turn them on with Firebug, you’ll see that they only link to 1, 2 or 3 other projects.

Does it make sense? I’m very grateful for all your help. I can live without having any part of the individual portfolio page linking to the next, but I think my suggestion would make this theme even more bad ass than it already is. ๐Ÿ™‚

<3
    A

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Checked here, and the links aren’t set to the same category, so not sure why you’d get that – do you see the same issue on our demo?

For links on mobile, best I can do is limit the text, try this:

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
    .pagination-wrap .nav-previous .nav-text, .pagination-wrap .nav-next .nav-text {
    display: inline-block;
    max-width: 40%;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    white-space: nowrap;
    vertical-align: top;
    }
    }

– Ed

lobsterass

Hi Ed!

I’ve finally found out what’s up with this. It was the plugin “Post Types Order” causing the linking to only 1, 2 or 3 other projects. I’ve deactivated it and links work. I’m going to change all dates of projects instead to control their order. Sorry for blaming this on beautiful Neighborhood.

My portfolio titles are still too long for mobile view (see image). They get cut off with …

Could you please help me with one last thing? Could you tell me how I remove the titles and keep only the signs < and > there instead?

(I have done something similar by editing single-portfolio.php but that code seems outdated with theme version or something. Isn’t there just CSS to not show previous and next text portfolio titles while still showing < and >?)

Thanx for all your help and for creating this beautiful theme!

<3
    A

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Unfortunately can’t remove the titles, as they are the link (not the arrows).

Use that css above but adjust the max-width value – that looks like it can be adjusted.

– Ed

lobsterass

Hi Ed!

Aight. I’ll play with those values then. Thanx!

I have a weird problem though. My < and > only shows when English language is selected. Same portfolio item in Swedish hides the arrows. Example. What have I messed up now? I thought updating everything would solve it but no.

<3

Kyle – SUPPORT

You need to edit the Swedish po file, it’s translating the icon class fa-angle-left and fa-angle-right to icon-angle-left and icon-angle-right

– Kyle

lobsterass

Gah! I’ve now spent hours trying to figure this out with the result of the < and > disappearing in English also. Haha! WFT. ๐Ÿ˜€

This is what I did:

I started out doing just what you said, nothing changed.
    Then I changed back ALL icon-angle-left and icon-angle-right to fa-angle-left and fa-angle-right in files:

1. en_US.po
    2. sv_SE.po
    3. single-portfolio.php
    4. WPML string translation

So now my question is where should it be icon-angle and fa-angle? I mean does one replace the other? I don’t get this at all.

<3

Kyle – SUPPORT

icon-angle is not longer a class, it should be fa-angle-left and fa-angle-right

– Kyle

lobsterass

So then all should be working now, right? Everything is fa-angle now. Confusing!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Have you added quotes to the string? Because now it’s showing 2 lots of quotes: http://d.pr/i/ISRP/2R0Su9dP

– Kyle

lobsterass

Not knowingly. I’ve checked in all those 4 places listed above for extra ” now and I can’t find it anywhere. In what file would that be?

Kyle – SUPPORT

In the Swedish PO file

– Kyle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register