New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint My Revolution Slider Has Been Hacked

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint

It appears that someone has hacked the Revolution Slider on my site. The text used to appear in big, bold, white letters, and now it comes up in small black letters. I have tried to change it, but the text layer on the slider freezes every time I click on “Style” in the “Layer param.” When I clicked on “Edit CSS File,” I saw the following text inside of the code “Hacked by w4l3XzY3.” When I removed it, the problem was not solved. Please, let me know what needs to be done in order to resolve this issue.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please download latest version of plugin here Version 4.6.5 – http://d.pr/f/1hEL2/5iVsU2Qj and update.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

aaustin69

Hello, my slider has been hacked as well. When I download the latest version to my computer, it creates a folder called ‘rev slider’ with several files in the folder.

From within the WordPress interface, there is a button that says ‘Update Plugin’, but it does not allow me to upload the folder I downloaded. I can only upload an individual file.

The message says:

To update the slider please show the slider install package. The files will be overwriten. File example: revslider.zip

Is there a way to update from within the WordPress interface or do I need to do this another way?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please download latest version of plugin here Version 4.6.91 – http://d.pr/f/1dK68/bBAtl85q and upload it through FTP software.
    It should help to you.

Thanks
    Mohammad

aaustin69

Thanks. I updated to a newer version through FTP.

When I did this, I had to re-create some css styles that I needed for some text layers. Am I going to need to re-create these styles each time I update to a newer version of the plugin?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    No, you dont need to create css each time after upgrade. But keep backup always for any inconvenience.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

aaustin69

Hi. So just to confirm, to upgrade I need to replace the entire revslider folder with the previous one? And this will not wipe out any css styles I created within the widget?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Exactly, that information is stored in the database. The update will only replace the plugin files.

-Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register