New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante My menu bar is messed up and page crashes when I try to fix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Amy

Hello,

I purchased the new Dante theme today (http://themeforest.net/item/dante-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/6175269) and installed it onto WordPress 3.8.1 with no problems. I then installed and activated all of the recommended plugins. Afterwards I followed the Dante tutorial to import the full demo content file and the first two times I tried to install it I got error messages from my hosting account, HostGator (just as mentioned might happen in the video). I contacted HostGator and they were unable to assist me without the exact error message, so I tried to install it a 3rd time and then I did NOT get an error message, but it didn’t look like the page on the tutorial video either. Everything was repeated as if the file had actually been installed all three times. The HostGator tech told me I needed to contact you. So I decided to see if I could resolve the situation on my own. At far as I saw, everything on the site appeared to be normal except the menu bar. Every single item in the top menu bar was repeated four times. So I figured I could go into the menu settings and manually delete the extra items, but every single time I tried to do this the page crashed. I then decided to delete the theme from my WordPress to see if I could reinstall it and start fresh, but all that seemed to happen is that the demo content is now missing (top menu items and footer menu items are still repeated four times).

My site: http://thesexyveggie.com (I have the ‘under construction’ plugin activated, but I can deactivate if necessary or let you into my WordPress account.

Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated. I am unfortunately NOT a developer – WordPress and all of this is new to me.

Thanks,

Amy S.

Amy

Not sure if this helps at all, but I have a little more information to add. After I installed the demo content file (after receiving the hosting errors twice) and it finally loaded onto my wordpress, instead of looking like this:

All done. Have fun!
    Remember to update the passwords and roles of imported users.

As in the tutorial video, mine looked like this (I am not going to include everything because it is 9 pages that I copied onto a word document with .7 margins – I have it all if it is useful for you though):

Import WordPress
    Media “ol-suade-jacket-grey005” already exists.
    Media “ol-suade-jacket-grey002” already exists.
    Media “ol-suade-jacket-grey004” already exists.
    Media “ol-suade-jacket-grey003” already exists.
    Media “ol-suade-jacket-grey001” already exists.
    Media “sb-brun” already exists.
    Media “sunbuddies-type01-tortoise-007” already exists.
    Media “sunbuddies-type01-tortoise-006” already exists.
    Media “sunbuddies-type01-tortoise-005” already exists.
    Media “sunbuddies-type01-tortoise-004” already exists.
    Media “sunbuddies-type01-tortoise-003” already exists.
    Media “sunbuddies-type01-tortoise-002” already exists.
    Media “sunbuddies-type01-tortoise-001” already exists.
    Media “mismo-bag-grey007” already exists.
    Media “mismo-bag-grey006” already exists.
    Media “mismo-bag-grey005” already exists.
    Media “mismo-bag-grey004” already exists.
    Media “mismo-bag-grey003” already exists.
    Media “mismo-bag-grey002” already exists.
    Media “mismo-bag-grey001” already exists.

I am wondering if I would be able to manually delete the extra menu items without the page crashing if I can increase the WordPress/PHP Memory Limit as mentioned below the video? Not sure if I can figure it out, but I’ll give that a try.

Thanks,

Amy S.

Amy

Much thanks for all your help. So glad I purchased from Swift Ideas. Great support team. Glad my website (and business) has been down for over an entire week. No worries though, when I contacted Envato for a refund they sent me a new file. Thanks.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi,
    a little something about our forum: as we work from oldest replied to ticket (!) to latest, adding a new comment to your thread will lead to a later response, as you push yourself back to our queue.

thank you and good luck with the new theme!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register