New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante (mod/suggestion) or php string to replace menu widget (subscribe) text

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Noahj

Hi,

I would like a php string to replace the theme’s “Subscribe” text.

See screenshot here.

I would like to change it to something like “Claim Your FREE CD!”.

I would like to offer this as a feature suggestion as well, the ability in the settings area to change this text. (thoughts?).

Thanks,

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, you can find the text in sf-header.php, you could change it there or via a translation plugin like Codestyling Localization, where you wouldn’t even have to use php.

Noahj

HI Melanie,

Thanks for getting back with me.

I would rather try php first.

1. I don’t want to add another plugin, especially a plugin that offers a lot and I will be making a one-time very small use of its features. I’m trying to stay unnecessary plugin free.

2. Unfortunately, I did install Code Localization to take a look at it, but it triggered way too many error from its code guard. It triggered malfunctions from OptinLinks, WP Migrate DB Pro, Dante and more. This is not an option for me.

Do you have any reason why running a string text replacement of php on the front end wouldn’t be a good idea?

If not, I wanted to give it a try. The php string would be part of the functions.php plugin Code Snippet, so I wouldn’t have to update the sf-header.php everytime for the site. So a text replacement is what I would like to try.

Let me know,

Thanks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Noahj,

I’ve just changed the code to:

apply_filters('sf_subscribe_text', __("Subscribe", "swiftframework"));

This is in the next update, so when it is released, all you need to do is add the following to your child theme functions.php file:

add_filter( 'sf_subscribe_text', function() { return 'Claim Your FREE CD!'; });

Then that will stick with updates.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Noahj

Hi @SwiftIdeas,

Thanks for this. I’ve added it to my code snippets already and will look for the update.

Thanks!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem ๐Ÿ™‚

– Kyle

Noahj

@SwiftIdeas @kylecraven94,

What o you think about adding this for other text text references as well.

Namely the “Email customer care”,but also the other store tabs may prove useful for others.

I would like to change Email custom care to just Email Support.

Just a suggestion as those tabs do lock an end user into using content related to the titles set there which may not fit all users.

Noahj

Actually now that I think ahead a little,

When I get this theme again for hip hop site I would like those titles (mentioned above) to reference hip hop lingo, like “About Custom Beats Beats”, “Our Beat Licenses”, “Beat Deals!”.

See where I’m going and what I mean?

Thoughts?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Noah,

I’ll get those added for the next update too – it’s been on my list for a while ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Noahj

@hswiftideas,

Great and thanks for listening!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Happy to help ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register