New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood .mo and .po files in a child theme

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@librairiesel – yes, we’ll happily include it, thank you!

Just attach it here.

– Ed

librairiesel

As I say, it is not perfect and it will surely need improvements, but at least it’s a basic translation.

You’re welcome

librairiesel

Oops, I can’t upload them. I send you them in a zip file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Thanks for sending the file.
    -Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thank you!

ianstudio

I’ll gladly work with librariesel to help finish translating the French if needed.. and it would be good indeed that we don’t all have to do our own translations on our own.

Apart from this I’m a bit confused with the issue/fix treated by Karel..
    Three points regarding this:

1a.
    In my install of Neighborhood the language folder is in the singular not plural.. I see some themes calling it lang some others languages.. Isn’t there a “best naming practice ” standard for those language folders that the WP makers indicate ?

1b.
    Could the child-theme languages folder with an s “confuse” WP at all considering the above ?

Should one only upload the required .mo .po in the child theme languages folder (in my case French as librairiesel) and leave the other languages in the original one.. or is the way Karel exposes possibly better, namely put all .mo .po files in the child theme ?!

After updating the theme possibly, not sure when that happened.. I now have the following or US english:
    en_US.mo
    en_US.po
    en_US_old.mo
    en_US_old.po

Can I safely delete these two “old” ones ?!

T H A N K S !

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks @ianstudio, that would be great.

1a) No required name, depends on the theme developer’s choice.

1b) Depends how you have the folder/function declared in the child theme – shouldn’t matter.

2) Yes – that would be all you need to do.

3) Yes – you can delete the old ones.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

librairiesel

Hi,

I finally found the reason why the “Your shopping bag is empty” and “update shopping bag” weren’t translated => the en_EN.po has been changed since my last translation and some sentences weren’t as they were before, so my translations couldn’t be applied.

e.g. : “Update shopping bag” was written “Update Shopping Bag” in the old .po file.

So I re-wrote the whole .po file (please do not change this file again, or tell us what changes have been made because it really wastes time) in French and it fixed my issues…

…EXCEPT ONE !!! >:(
    It’s the text which is displayed in the cart when the destination isn’t delivered. There is two kinds of message and they both aren’t translated (or partially).

The first one : Sorry, shipping is unavailable pour **COUNTRY**. If you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements please contact us.
    (you’ll notice that there is a “pour” just after “unavailable”, which is the French word for “for”, I don’t know why it is the only French word in the sentence)

And the second one : No shipping methods were found; please recalculate your shipping or continue to checkout and enter your full address to see if there is shipping available to your location.

I’ve checked again and again in the .po file but they ARE correctly translated, and with the latest .po file of the theme.

Any solution ?

Attachments:
    ianstudio

@librairiesel
    Je serais très reconnaissant si je pouvais obtenir vos fichiers.. Je ne sais pas trop si Swift Ideas voudra intégrer les .mo .po FR dans le thème à terme.. Et je pourrais aider si besoin est.. comment, je ne sais pas exactement :0) Voici mon email: [email protected]
    Merci !

ianstudio

@Swift Ideas
    Hi, when you say (in this thread)..
    “yes, we’ll happily include it, thank you!”
    Do you mean you will integrate the .mo and .po files created by librairisel in the theme in an upcoming update?

THX

librairiesel

Youpi, un français !
    Pas de souci, par contre les fichiers ne sont pas totalement traduits.
    Par manque de temps, je me suis contenté de traduire les options dont je suis sûr de me servir, et uniquement du côté front-end.

Le développeur m’a demandé de lui envoyer les fichiers aussi, donc peut-être un jour ce thème sera intégralement traduit en français.

Pour traduire, ce n’est vraiment pas compliqué : il faut télécharger Poedit (un logiciel gratuit), ouvrir le fichier fr_FR.po que j’ai commencé à traduire, et pour chaque ligne entrer la valeur correspondante (il y en a plus de 1500, c’est pour ça que je n’ai pas tout fait). C’est tout !

Votre aide serait vraiment très appréciée, car je n’ai pas le temps de m’en occuper en entier, mais c’est quelque chose que j’aimerais terminer.

Attachments:
    ianstudio

Je suis suisse en fait :0) J’ai PoeEdit et ai déjà commencé à regarder. Cependant il y a certains trucs que je ne comprends pas dans le sens où certaines “strings” semblent provenir d’ailleurs, au niveau par exemple de WooCommerce etc.. De plus j’utilise WPML.. ce qui fait que tout ça est moins simple que je pensais :0)

Enfin, je vais regarder tout ça dans la semaine sur un site sur lequel je bosse.. n’hésitez (.. tu.. vous..) pas à m’envoyer un email pour communiquer directement :0)

Merci !

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,

@ianstudio
    – I am able to understand so please always use English.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

librairiesel

Here is the new fr_FR translation (I’ve just fixed two translations which were stopping the reviews form from showing).

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

@librairiesel
    Thanks for the updated Translation files.

-Rui

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register