Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Ability
    cbevacqua

We seem to be having some menu problems with pages that are outside of the one page.

These problems only happen from the home page. I have verified them on Chrome, Safari and Safari in IOS.

When you go to: http://thomknoles.com/
    Clicking on the “INITIATOR TRAINING” , “PODCAST” , “BLOG” and “SUPPORT” menu items does not open those pages.

The predefined one page scroller pages, and the custom pages, work fine.

Clicking on a “custom page” menu item (for example “RETREATS”) scrolls down to the section of the one page correctly. Then clicking the “PODCAST” menu item brings you back to the top of the one page scroller instead of opening the correct destination page (out side of the one page).

If instead you go directly to http://thomknoles.com/support/ (the intended destination of the “SUPPORT” menu item), and THEN click the “PODCAST” menu item, the podcast page opens.

Obviously, we’d like all the menu items to work correctly from the site home page.

Please advise.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Let’s start with a first experience of disabling all plugins so we can discard any plugin conflict.
    Let us know the result so we can go from there.

-Rui

cbevacqua

Hi Rui –

I deactivated all the plugins and the problem persisted. We cannot keep all the plugins deactivated for an extended period of time, since then the site won’t work at all. So once I confirmed that deactivating plugins did not solve the problem, I reactivated them

Since you have the admin login to the site, you are welcome to deactivate the plugins for a short window if you need to confirm on your end and/or perform a test.

Please let me know what the next steps are.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

You did it right, I meant to say to deactivate just for testing purposes and enable them again.

This is very strange because I figured out that it’s related to the title of the link, so if you remove the title of the menu item it will work. I removed it in the Blog item so you can see for yourself, but can’t understand yet why it’s acting like that.

Try to press now in the Blog item from the homepage.

-Rui

cbevacqua

Thanks Rui – I see that, and for interim I removed the title attribute for the other menu items that weren’t working.

I also tried using a title attribute that matched the navigation label, but that didn’t solve the problem.

We were hoping for a more robust solution. Please let us know what you come up with.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Sure. Will have to check this with the development team. It’s a very strange situation.
    Will get back to you when I got something.

-Rui

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register